When will e book prices reflect the cost of not providing a book???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jun 2011 22:40:11 BDT
Jaxx2210 says:
Why does it cost more to be "green"? I want to purchase e books, but because of cost I am still purchasing paperbacks, surely it is better to use kindle than kill a tree?????

Posted on 5 Jul 2011 16:04:42 BDT
S. Warren says:
I agree entirely, but it comes down to common economics. The author isn't going to allow his work to be sold for less. Amazon still need their cut, and they are never likely to reduce the cost for eBooks entirely because they still make money from hard and paper backs. I definitely prefer reading my kindle now I have got used to it though and aside from buying my favourite author new releases on hard back, I will buy all other books on Kindle from now on.

Posted on 12 Feb 2012 09:46:43 GMT
Mr R says:
I have just purchased a Kindle and have quite a few books that are cheaper than buying paperback. Today however, i found a book that I really want to read - 9.99 for a beautiful hardback and 9.99 for kindle version - I know which i will be buying = the hardback to then pass on to my mother to read after me. She has no kindle. There may be VAT to add, but excuse me for adding the cost of paper/printing/transportation to store etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa7e49744)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  22 Jun 2011
Latest post:  12 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2)
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2) by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - Nov 1998)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (778)