Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Jan 2010 14:38:46 GMT
G. Virk says:
also do people who pre-order get the ceberus code inside the box or via email

Posted on 27 Jan 2010 14:46:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jan 2010 14:50:46 GMT
Croesis says:
Pre-order Armour code will be sent via e-mail on day of release. The Cerberus access code will be on a card inside the game's box.

Posted on 27 Jan 2010 14:47:03 GMT
A. Young says:
Amazon usually send out the code for their pre-order stuff on the day of release, so you should get an email from them on Friday about it....

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2010 03:04:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jan 2010 03:07:20 GMT
Shonk says:
Dont Hold your breath
still waiting on my dark void code from them

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received the Pre-order code for your order #20edited and understand how disappointed you are.

I can confirm that your order is eligible to receive this code.

Please be informed that Amazon.co.uk will send the code and information via email to the email address associated with the order in the week after the game's release.

In this case, I request you to wait until January 29, 2010 for the code to arrive.

If the code has not arrived by January 29, 2010, please contact us again using the following link, we can help you in the best way we can:

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 11:20:47 GMT
To Shonk

It almost makes it pointless pre-ordering the game in the first place if you have to wait for this code to use it in the game (without having to start again)...

Thanks for the heads up...I'm beginning to feel better about NOT pre-ordering my copy now.

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 13:48:30 GMT
Croesis says:
Never had any problems with code being issued to me from Amazon. I've always received them on the day of release even if my pre-order didn't arrive on that day.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2010 16:15:57 GMT
William Ford says:
I didn't get an e-mail for my Dark Void code either, but then again they also charged me for and sent the PC version instead of the Xbox 360 one and when I phoned up they told me I had to send it back to get a refund, so I've probably lost my pre-order bonus now.

This is probably (hopefully!) a one-off case as I've never had any other problems pre-ordering games from either here or Game. In fact, Play.com is the only place I don't seem to be able to pre-order anything (not just games) with any hope of it arriving on release day.

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 16:30:39 GMT
Well im abit concerened as i pre ordered wen i found out i can get the free armor..but recently wen i checked again the armor thing wasnt on here anymore..u rekon they cancelled the armor if u know what i mean? Then again i am new to this pre order speical bonus thing

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2010 16:33:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jan 2010 16:37:58 GMT
Croesis says:
The bonus armour was available for a limited time only. If you ordered before 24th Jan then you should get the code. If you pre-ordered after that time then you won't get it. I enquired about this at the time because I ordered on the 8th and next time I looked at the description page the bonus item offer had vanished. Amazon got back to me confirming that I am still eligible for it. A bit more searching led me to a page on amazon listing all the bonus content for upcoming pre-order games and it was stated there about it being available til the 24th as it turns out the day I found that page was 25th which is why the offer had vanished. It should have been stated as such on the ME2 description page really.

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 16:52:04 GMT
That really sucks, I pre-ordered this yesterday so I am three days off. Really really petty.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2010 16:53:21 GMT
Thats a relif then cause i pre ordered mine in oct..just disnt know if amazon or bioware cancelled it or something...but then again i suppose amazon prob would of emailed us if there was a problem or change...thank you very much for the info pal :)

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 16:58:27 GMT
Croesis says:
The actual stating a date confuses me a bit though. Obviously they only have limited amounts of codes to send out but how can they judge the day when they won't have any left? I suppose it could be a cut-off date from the supplier etc.. or a guestimate of how many will be sold per day or something but that last one is risky if there is a mad rush for it and they run out before the stated date...

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 17:16:49 GMT
They have an unlimited amount, they basically tell Bioware/EA how many they have sold on a running tally and they suppy the code, the cut off date is just that, a cut off date to end the pre-order offer

Posted on 28 Jan 2010 18:17:04 GMT
Croesis says:
I see, thanks for clearing that up

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 05:33:54 GMT
P. Carnegie says:
so this code should get sent out today?

this is the first time i've pre-ordered from amazon. i was getting a bit concerned about the pre-order bonus, so email customer support. the reply i recieved this morning denied there was any kind of pre-order bonus and asked me to provide prove of it. this forum page was about the best i could do, as the mass effect 2 product description no longer mentions the inferno armour

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 06:06:15 GMT
Shonk says:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?&docId=1000299573

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 07:44:29 GMT
Robert says:
amazon are being ignorant f%$s if that is true its almost like they do not have it really and just trying to cover their arses

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 10:02:33 GMT
M. Emery says:
Anyone received their code via email yet?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2010 10:15:10 GMT
Croesis says:
Don't worry I e-mailed them too a few days agao asking the same thing as the bonus info went missing off their item description page. I got an e-mail back saying that there wasn't any pre-order bonus. Shortly afterwards though I received another e-mail apologising stating that there is and that I will get sent it on release day.

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 10:35:55 GMT
Got the game through today at 8.30am this morning - been checking my emails regularly since and no code through yet! As long as it's there by the time I get home, I'll be happy.

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 11:30:49 GMT
Dafydd Owen says:
I'm also waiting on my pre-order code, and I had ordered the game when it was £29.99, which was before the 22nd of Jan, I should of had the code by now, I mean I was told that I would be sent the code on the day of the release so I have no idea what's holding them up to send A FEW EMAILS with the separate codes on, how hard can it honestly be? If I get my redeemable pre-order code for my armour in the next few days, good, if not? Well I am not sure what I'll do, but I wont be happy, which is understandable..... Oh and I have Amazon on my safe senders list so none of their emails are spammed, just thought you'd like to know...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2010 11:49:27 GMT
Croesis says:
A few e-mails? They said they'd get sent out on release day, that's *all day* today, so they can send them out anytime within the 24 hours which makes up today, so they still have a few hours left to send them.

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 12:04:22 GMT
Runeweaver says:
might be EA being slow sending the codes to amazon,while your all waiting make sure you fully register your game at the bioware social network,just incase they give out some extra item for registered games,like the edge dagger from dragon age.

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 12:39:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jan 2010 12:49:59 GMT
on phone with Amazon just now, they seem to be having issues grasping the concept of a pre-order code. Ordered on the 24th, unhappy if they're going to back out over this.
{update}
Spoke to a supervisor, apparently this is a big call driver at the moment and amazon customer service have escalated the issue to amazons promotions team. I should get a call back within 24 hours. Lets see what happens.

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 13:06:56 GMT
Robert says:
I have once again looked into our website and found that this pre-order promotional code will be sent only to customers who placed this order on before 11:59pm, 24th January 2009 and not 2010.

see you need to have pre ordered it at the beggining of last year and not this year its kinda stupid that they had the pre order bonus shown for so long.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  50
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  27 Jan 2010
Latest post:  9 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (292)