Customer Discussions > The Hobbit forum

What's the cover image?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Aug 2008 15:33:36 BDT
J. Tuan-heng says:
As you can see, there are 3 different versions of the cover for this book, can the people who bought it from amazon confirm which one amazon sells?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2008 17:16:43 GMT
Gwilym says:
I don't know for sure, but a while back I got into a long argument with Amazon because I'd ordered a book for my wife's birthday which was repeatedly delayed because they didn't have any stock. When I looked on the site, they were advertising the same book in an ever-so-slightly different edition as in stock for immediate dispatch. They wouldn't send me the alternate edition without me cancelling the original order and re-ordering the alternate because as far as they were concerned, the 2 editions were completely different items - different ISBNs - so my bet would be that the cover picture you'll be sent will be the one shown on the page where you click "add to basket" - any other cover would be a different book as far as their system is concerned and they wouldn't/couldn't send you that any more than thy might send you a CD when you order a book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Hobbit forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  29 Aug 2008
Latest post:  27 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hobbit
The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (Paperback - 2 April 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,127)