Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Sep 2008 16:06:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Oct 2008 11:09:17 BDT
I've actually seen this discussion on amazon.com but not on here, so i thought i'd give it a try. So, what will you do when your copy arrives? When mine comes, i'm going to stop what i'm doing, and be very gentle as i read the collector's edition. After i have read it all, i'll put it in a place it won't get battered and will look at it from time to time, as it's a shame just to look at it once (but that's my opinion!). With the standard version, i will read it as and when it takes my fancy, as i'm sure i'll read it many times, like all the books in the harry potter series. But on the odd occasion, especially when the 7th movie comes out, i'll probably read the collector's edition and feel like i'm actually reading the real book and be part of the story.

Post update 21/10/08: Check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7679551.stm. It's about JK Rowling doing a reading of Beedle the Bard. Hope you enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2008 19:42:44 BDT
B. Jensseter says:
I only bought the collectors edition, which I will read the moment it gets here! I'm so excited:)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2008 21:52:07 BDT
Lindsey, I think I will be doing exactly the same except I want to look at it many times, hold it often, leaf through it occasionally and keep it forever ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2008 07:52:24 BDT
Lee Doyle says:
2 things ill do.

First: Be shocked and carefully open the box... Then start to read my normal version.

Then: Smack myself for buying 4 copies and wonder why I did such a stupid thing.

This may happen the other way around though....

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2008 11:22:39 BDT
You bought 4 copies!?! Could we know why? :)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2008 15:32:49 BDT
Lol I'll probs get some latex gloves and open it all carefully.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2008 05:31:06 BDT
Lee Doyle says:
I got 4 for me and my 3 children. I sort of hope they will look after them and one day sell them or maybe treasure them like I will.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2008 15:40:42 BDT
I suppose that the key to this is whether they are enduring tales that will become firm family favourites or whether they miss the mark and fade away.

In the end no matter what the cover is like it is the tales that matter.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2008 03:49:51 BDT
Bellydancer, good point but you know, I have re-read the Tales of the Bard as told by Amazon several times, so I have no doubt in my mind that I will want to re-read the same stories as told by Jo in her own words!

Lee Doyle: I feel stupid, asking that question now, and it was so none of my business! Thanks for your polite answer :)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2008 09:26:39 BDT
hmm
I don't think I'll be able to put it down

From what I've seen and read already
I'm very much looking forward to getting it :D

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2008 13:35:53 GMT
G says:
I'll check it's all there and then wrap it up for a birthday coming up in January. What else would you do with it?! ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2008 20:59:13 GMT
Only two weeks to go! Are we excited people or what?!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2008 00:39:23 GMT
Absolutely! I am also planning to go to a midnight release party in London to buy the standard edition just so I can soak in the vibe and anticipation :) 2 book stores, Borders on Charing Cross Road and Waterstones in Picadilly. I will be going to the Waterstones in Picadilly where there will be a Mugglenet podcast. If anyone is keen on the Waterstones midnight release, you need to visit their website and sign up to purchase a ticket (£5 including the Book) as there is a limit of 500 tickets available. they only just opened up the booking 2 days ago. If you live far from London there are other midnight release parties throughout UK at some Waterstones and Borders branches.

But yeah, my ultimate happiness will be when I lay my hands on the CE edition and as long as I am disciplined, will be the first book I read.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2008 13:56:55 GMT
A. R. Weaver says:
I shall read the standard edition I bought for myself and giftwrap the collectors edition as a Xmas present for my beautiful girlfriend!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2008 00:21:30 GMT
Liam M says:
do you know if its completely all in Jo's handwriting or is it typed up?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 10:06:51 GMT
Hi me again. I wanted to add something to my order, but when i looked on my order page, it said "dispatch soon, We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed." Now i'm excited! One little thing slightly off the point, i was buying a book for my brother for christmas (lucky he doesn't read this discussion board as he's not a fan of Harry potter) and because it's £4.99, i have to buy something else cheap enough to have super savers delivery, but luckily i've found a book for £2. Does it seem a bit crazy that it's cheaper to order another book rather than paying the £2.75 postage? Just my thought, anyway, only a week to go! I wonder if anyone will be lucky enough to have their book a day or two before the release date?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2008 09:23:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Dec 2008 09:23:58 GMT
G. Buchanan says:
Damn. I can't drop everything and go and I live in London! But I've got parents visiting as my nephew isn't well.

Oh well I bought the book to enjoy it and keep for the nephew when he's old enough to appreciate my Harry Potter set which includes no less than three First Editions (not unfortunately the first book though). He's only six months at the moment lol.

And when I get my copy of the Collectors Edition tomorrow I'll unpack it and just enjoy the contents and looking at and reading it. I didn't buy the Standard Edition.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  29 Sep 2008
Latest post:  3 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions