Customer Discussions > And Winter Came forum

What track are you excited to hear most?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Nov 2008 23:22:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Nov 2008 23:23:25 GMT
Arway says:
I can't wait for the album!

Which track names are most alluring to you? Which ones are you most interested to hear, going off the names?

For me it would be One Toy Soldier, Stars and Midnight Blue, and And Winter Came. The first is an unusual track name for Enya, and I wonder if it's an instrumental or if Enya sings of a toy soldier. Stars and Midnight Blue is rumoured to be a remake of an old tune, and the name conjours up beautiful blue and purple imagery! And Winter Came is said to be an instrumental also, and I wonder just how the music of this track will capture the essence of winter.

What about you?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2008 23:35:09 GMT
Cloudberry says:
The answer should be all 12, but there are three - tracks 6, 7 & 8 ("Dreams Are More Precious", "Last Time By Midnight" and "One Toy Soldier"), but "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel", "The Spirit Of Christmas" and "Oiche Chiuin" are also taking up a lot of my time! It's a fantastic album. Have you seen the video on her website about the making of the album.

Best wishes.

Geoff

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2008 16:30:57 GMT
M. Knowles says:
I have heard them all before on her previous albums...sometimes change is a good thing.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2009 15:06:00 GMT
Arway says:
Stars and Midnight Blue turned out to be totally different to how I expected, and whilst it's disappointing for fans that 'And Winter Came' turned out to be a remake of an old instrumental called Midnight Blue, I'd never heard it before.:)

It's an alright album. Didn't blow me away... track 5 (Trains) and 7 (Moonlight) are by far the best for me. I'm just wishing she'd go back to that heavy focus on varied melodies and instrumentation that she was so good at on her first three main albums. I'd like to see a lot of experimentation again - and yes, I do believe her first three albums were very experimental in sound. That's because she used all sorts of varied instruments and synth sounds on her original albums, with interesting melodies. I find that I recognise a lot of the layered voice sounds from older works - it's as if she's struggling to be creative.

I'll have to take a look at the video on Enya's site - sounds interesting!:)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  And Winter Came forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  4 Nov 2008
Latest post:  6 Jan 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
And Winter Came
And Winter Came by Enya (Audio CD - 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (95)