Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

What is up with the price of this gens games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Jan 2014 21:46:01 GMT
I'm already sick of these prices for games that will look barely better than its predecessor. MGS 5 ground zeros is £22 for the 360 and £50 on the One? The only difference is the graphics and farm rate which barely look different. I've had an Xbox One since Christmas and I haven't played in 31 days because I don't want to fork out £55 per game which will be 7 - 9 hours long and suck.

Posted on 30 Jan 2014 08:11:49 GMT
Danny says:
They will stay around the 50-55 pound mark probably until the second half of this year due to the lack of games for the console. I remember it happening when I first got my 360 in 2005, my mum and dad paid 110 for 2 games. I agree its a disgusting price to pay for a game which for most part is only a fraction better looking than the one on a last gen console, but it shouldnt be too long until they fall back to the 40 pound mark ... I hope.

Posted on 4 Feb 2014 21:38:18 GMT
I have no problem with the prices. With the relatively low number of games available, I am actually getting my money's worth now, rather than on 360 spending £35 on a game that sat on a shelf for 6 months before I played it.

Posted on 9 Feb 2014 10:17:28 GMT
jay says:
I don't know where you're buying your games but I haven't paid over £45 for one yet .Got Titanfall preordered for £42 ,Ghosts for £45 ,Dead rising for £43 ,Ryse for £42 and Battlefield 4 for £44. Has for metal gear solid being £50 look at amazon the site you are writing comments on and you will see it is only £28 on next gen.

Posted on 2 Apr 2014 13:30:56 BDT
Dan King says:
Bearing in mind this game is now £48 preorder your point is becoming void.

Especially seeing as MGSV:GZ was released at the same price as last gen.

Posted on 3 Apr 2014 12:42:30 BDT
Steven says:
I braught Forza 5 and Need For Speed Rivals back in November and ive have completely finished both because of the lack of games out there. I didn't get another game untill Febuary which was Dead Riseing 3 which ive finished and now ive started Ryse:Son Of Rome. Yes they are expensive if you pay £45.00 and play them for just a few hour's and thats it. I do not buy a game for the Xbox One unless i know im going to seriously play it.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 09:18:07 BDT
When I pre-ordered Titanfall it was £55. It then fell to £43 by release date. Expect Battlefront to do similar.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  29 Jan 2014
Latest post:  11 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about