Customer Discussions > Skin Trade forum

What is your favourite kick ass urban fantasy/sci fi/horror book for 2009

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Jan 2010 12:49:52 GMT
bookeholic says:
My favourite kick ass book for 2009 was by Lillith Saintcrow and the whole series of the Jill Kismet books - loved them closely followed by S J Day and Eve of Destruction, Kate Daniels and for humour it has to be the sookie stackhouse series which are hilarious I just love Eric he is just a scream!!! I have had a brilliant past year as I have newly discovered this genre and have had a great time picking loads of books to read as I have been very selective in the past just going for what I have always read (best sellers and crime) and not bothering to stray until a friend shoved a Karen Chance book into my paw and I have never looked back - not too old to change your style Ive just turned 40 and feel I am reliving my youth again through the books. Happy new year to everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jan 2010 13:26:06 GMT
Schmooble says:
I have been reading around these genres for a while, and my favourite discovery of last year was Richelle Mead's Succubus books. The protagonist, Georgina Kincaid, is a succubus, which complicates her love life somewhat! I like this series because Georgina stays very relatable, even though she's technically an employee of hell, the issues around the supernatural are dealt with really well and with originality, and there's a real sense that the author cares about her characters. Each book tends to involve some sort of mystery which she gets involved in, and the friendships Georgina has developed, both supernatural and non-supernatural, and the burgeoning relationship with one of the other characters are just really believable and engaging
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa9295354)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Skin Trade forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  2 Jan 2010
Latest post:  20 Jan 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton (Audio CD - 11 Jun 2009)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (50)