Customer Discussions > Best Of Bowie forum

What was the best David Bowie album?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Apr 2008 09:44:05 BDT
I. P. Hale says:
I am definatly saying Low. You just can't beat it. It takes a few listens to get used to the shear avuant-guarde-ness (is that a word?) of it but when you do, it is amazing. The other Berlin trilogy records are good as well (especially "Heroes") and the other recomended are:-
Diamond Dogs
Station to Station
Scary Monsters
"Heroes"
David Live

If you to like Low, I recommend Krautrock music, as that was the influence. Try Tangerine Dream for the instrumentals on the B-Side
and Harmonia for the vocal tracks on the A-Side.

Hans-Joachim Roedelius is also a good buy.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2008 20:29:21 BDT
M. Sparks says:
You must be too young I.P. Hunky Dory was Bowies pinnacle, The Man who Sold the World highly underrated, Ziggy Stardust and Alladin Sane were brilliant. Young Americans onwards is mainly tosh. So there!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008 19:01:06 BDT
You're getting closer. However it's wrong to say the stuff after 1974 is tosh but it simply isn't as great as the superb albums M Sparks mentions. The sidebar advertises the album called the Best of Bowie 69-74. In my view you could just have called it the best of Bowie full stop because that was when he did nearly all his best work.

However I don't think there is any debate about what the absolute best Bowie album is. Ziggy Stardust is an album which should be on everybody's desert island list. You are of course entitled to disagree, but you would be wrong.

Posted on 6 Apr 2009 14:59:58 BDT
Ziggy Stardust & Alladin Sane are without doubt Bowies best works. If I had to choose one of them it'd be Ziggy, but only just.

Posted on 8 Sep 2010 12:34:45 BDT
Hunky Dory is just a master piece and ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars

Posted on 24 Dec 2010 21:31:07 GMT
A lot of people dismiss Pinups as it is a covers album but I think its great! Man who Sold the world is a brilliant hard rock album.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 15:41:54 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Nov 2011 15:42:48 GMT]

Posted on 19 Feb 2013 13:42:34 GMT
Mr. D. Bain says:
Have all the Bowie albums and my two favourites are Station to Station and Young Americans, Tosh ... I think not.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Of Bowie forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  5 Apr 2008
Latest post:  19 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Best Of Bowie
Best Of Bowie by David Bowie (Audio CD - 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (153)