Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Mar 2012 19:13:25 GMT
Alfy N says:
Placed my pre-order , Cant wait to get my hands on it!!!!

The best of TM

Posted on 23 Mar 2012 22:08:38 GMT
Ian Dewhirst says:
A very good decision Emir. Without a doubt this will be one of the best albums you have ever purchased in your entire life.

Admittedly I'm biased because I'm one of the people behind the release. However, I have to say that in 38 years of putting out killer albums (I started with the UK Stax Northern Soul compilation in 1974), I have to say that 'Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes' is one of the crowning achievements of my career to date. I thought I'd peaked with my Salsoul re-issue campaign between 2004-2006 but Philadelphia International is just off the scale.

This project was a labour of love for all involved not least, the Godfather of the perfect mix, Mr Tom Moulton and the creative geniuses, Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff, without whom, none of this would have been possible. The project has been in gestation for almost the last 2 years and it's very gratifying for everyone to witness the incredible reception that this project has enjoyed thus far.

Don't even think about not buying this beautiful package. This is really what great music is all about and we're all blessed to be able to listen to such ground-breaking music. It doesn't get ANY better than this I kid thee not!

Peace to all.

Ian D

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2012 20:44:53 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Mar 2012 21:07:20 GMT]

Posted on 27 Mar 2012 20:19:33 BDT
Thank you, Ian, for being part of the team putting this together. I'm excited to get my copy!

It's great that the 40th anniversary of Philadelphia International is getting its due with so many great projects!!

Posted on 28 Mar 2012 19:51:15 BDT
Alfy N says:
After reciving the CD4 s today, played them, now on CD2. The best philly music ever made. I cant thank Reid Whitelaw and Ian Dewhirst and the crew at Demon enough.
This boxed set will sell out quick.

Posted on 29 Mar 2012 18:00:40 BDT
After Philadelphia Classics on LP, cd and remastered cd finally this great expanded version of which I am playing cd 1 for the second time now.
Best release of 2012? Or will that still be the 10 cd Philly set to be released next month?

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 05:11:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2012 05:12:50 BDT
Congratulations to TOM MOULTON!!!
I know how hard he worked on this project. Being a friend of his, I knew how he had wanted to do this for years!!!
I saw the negotiation of what the tracklist would be; there was some compromising; TOM would not even do the project unless it had The Three Degrees; Ian insisted on Billy Paul.....the winners were US, the listeners!!!!!
I also knew what a pain it was for Ian to get the tracks cleared and then again the hassle for them to get the multi-tracks for TOM to do his magic.
Once they were secured TOM worked day & night...often going back to perfect a track time & time again.
I remember him mixing "The Devil Made Me Do It" at least 10 times before he was happy with it; several others were the same way!
I seen first hand how TOM worked tirelessly throughout the process and didn't rest until it was done. It truly was a labor-of-love for TOM;
He not only did new remixes for 16 tracks.....he found instrumental pieces of The Trammps tracks so he could extend them longer.....
He also made sure the ORIGINAL 10 tracks from the 1977 Philly Classics release were mastered from the original 1st generation tapes.
TOM made sure this would happen, so we can hear the PURE 100% way it was intended.....MAAAAAN..."Love Is The Message" never sounded sooooo good!!!
I am so proud of TOM; he deserves whatever accolades comes to him....THIS is the crowning achievement of his stellar career!!!!!
Absolutely the #1 CD of 2012!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  21 Mar 2012
Latest post:  2 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about