Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

on 19 April 2003
Repressing emotions is a tendency that many people have in order to find some kind of protection thinking they will avoid being hurt. But, in actual fact, it doesn't and spoil relationships.
This book stresses the importance of expressing our emotions so we can be free from them. As long as we keep our emotions inside we are prisonners of them but when we learn to express them in the right way, free of shame and guilt, then we take control of our life.
A good book to read even though I wasn't impressed by the childish drawings and the yellow thick pages.
on 5 August 2012
I love it when a book conveys powerful messages in a simple way. This book has illustrations,so it is a light way of looking at what can often be a painful subject.So many people don't heal from past hurts and abuse,and it is wonderful that there are books and writers like this,going some way to healing unneccessary suffering,i would highly recommend this book,I bought it for a friend who doesn't like psychology or self help books,and she enjoyed it.
on 8 April 2013
I am recently divorced with a lot of emotional problems and this book has been so helpful. I would recommend this to anyone who has a lot of stored resentment from the past and let John Gray help you release all that repressed anger and negativity.
on 29 May 2014
I love John Gray's books. I've started reading this one and I know I won't be disappointed. A bit annoying that it's full of whole or half page illustrations so that means the book is actually only like 3/4 of the whole.
on 9 December 2012
I found the advice in this book to be practical and useful, and I enjoyed reading it. It shows its age a bit in the style of writing, but the message is good.
on 25 April 2014
It is quite an Americanized style of writing and has cartoons, however i found the content is an interesting read
on 23 August 2014
Brilliant. Should be more popular than what it is.
on 28 June 2015