- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Network Continuum Education (6 May 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1855390841
- ISBN-13: 978-1855390843
- Product Dimensions: 18.7 x 1 x 24.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 789,446 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
What Makes a Good School Now? Paperback – 6 May 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
"Mr Brighouse and Mr Woods use case studies from a range of schools to illustrate their advice, acknowledging the fact that every school is unique and faces different challenges. The authors also introduce the concept of "butterflies" - small interventions that they feel can have a disproportionately large and beneficial impact on a school' success. These cover a range of topics including seating plans, student supervisors, sending birthday cards to year 7 students, and improving communication between staff and governors. The potential impact of these steps is clearly described for each of the suggestions offered" SecEd
About the Author
Tim Brighouse is Commissioner for London Schools and visiting professor at the Institute of Education at London University. He is a sought after speaker, author and has broadcast on UK radio and television. David Woods works as an Educational Consultant for the DfES as the Lead London Challenge Adviser and Chair of several School Improvement Partnership Boards and Federations across the UK.