What I'm hoping for from Phils Book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Aug 2012 20:46:02 BDT
tbh Im hoping the social aspect of the demise of RFC is explored through Phils work, leaving the financial fine tooth comb to RTC.

Phil has eyes and ears inside the SFA, this is evident from his many scoops. Combined with a foresight that boundaries on prescience from his articles, this book should be a great historical view of what happened down Ibrox way.

To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.

There's only two books I want to read on the fall of rangers. Phils and RTCs, any further releases are purely hangers on to the real frontiersmen.

Posted on 20 Aug 2012 14:11:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Aug 2012 14:14:43 BDT
Stevie says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 25 Aug 2012 13:37:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Aug 2012 13:38:16 BDT
Heslop says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 28 Aug 2012 11:51:29 BDT
Rabid says:

Posted on 29 Aug 2012 16:31:47 BDT
David says:
Wonder if he'll do his own reviews on Amazon again (allegedly!)

Posted on 3 Sep 2012 08:29:37 BDT
A. Sceptic says:
The Sun says:
Throughout the years, we have never shied away from tackling difficult subjects. We have never taken the soft option, the easy route, the quiet life.

Yesterday, we ran an interview with Phil Mac Giolla Bhain in which we described how he'd been given death threats for his role in uncovering the financial scandal that was to engulf Rangers.

We knew he was a controversial figure, but it was clear from the book he had written that he had a story to tell.

And we felt it was a story that needed to be told to you, so that you could make your own minds up. So that you had a chance to read the behind-the-scenes details about the downfall of Rangers.

So that you had a chance to see where the blame lay for the collapse of the club.

On Sunday, many Rangers fans contacted the paper.

Most were reasonable, and wanted to point out some of the other material that the author carries on his website.

Others, many of whom had clearly not read the interview, immediately engaged in the kind of disgusting abuse that sadly infects some of Scottish football's blogs and forums.

Let's make one thing absolutely clear. We will never be bullied into not publishing stories simply because they upset some people.

We pride ourselves on having the finest journalists in the country who are totally and unequivocally impartial.

But Phil Mac Giolla Bhain is not one of our journalists and his blog undermines the entire industry.

THAT is why we have decided not to carry the serialisation of the book.

NOT because of the social media backlash.

NOT because of the internet bullies.

But because the author - previously unbeknown to us - is tarred with a sickening sectarian brush.

We believed Phil Mac Giolla Bhain to be a proper and sound journalist. Channel 4 News chief correspondent Alex Thomson obviously agreed and wrote the foreword in the book.

He was wrong and so were we.

Posted on 3 Sep 2012 11:30:07 BDT
Smitzer007 says:
Amazon please take note: From 'The Scottish Sun':-

Let's make one thing absolutely clear. We will never be bullied into not publishing stories simply because they upset some people.

We pride ourselves on having the finest journalists in the country who are totally and unequivocally impartial.

But Phil Mac Giolla Bhain is not one of our journalists and his blog undermines the entire industry.

THAT is why we have decided not to carry the serialisation of the book.

NOT because of the social media backlash.

NOT because of the internet bullies.

But because the author - previously unbeknown to us - is tarred with a sickening sectarian brush.

We believed Phil Mac Giolla Bhain to be a proper and sound journalist. Channel 4 News chief correspondent Alex Thomson obviously agreed and wrote the foreword in the book.

He was wrong and so were we.

Posted on 3 Sep 2012 11:34:03 BDT

Posted on 3 Sep 2012 12:31:25 BDT
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/sun_says/article1460642.ece

Posted on 3 Sep 2012 20:04:08 BDT
Tommy Doc says:
Ah, the poor wee Sevconians above can't handle the truth about their former club.

Posted on 4 Sep 2012 03:15:35 BDT
Beepbeep says:
The Sun is a rag, who have embarrassed themselves caving in to the bigots that follow Sevco FC.

Posted on 4 Sep 2012 06:38:42 BDT
Yup the Stun show's it's true colours, there's not many journo's with balls left.

Posted on 4 Sep 2012 09:43:08 BDT
Sean Paul says:
Was able to get my hands on a pre-release copy through a good mate of mine.

I know a lot of fellow Gers are upset at the recent death of our club but this is a new and fresh start for us.

This book is a must read for all Rangers fans and will show us where we went wrong and why our club died as a result of the wrongs of our previous board and management team.

This book could be the blueprint for our on-going success...dare I say..even our bible.
WATP

Posted on 4 Sep 2012 10:27:04 BDT
CelticChick says:
I hope Phil has the decency to thank sevco fans for all the free publicity!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012 02:24:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Sep 2012 02:25:15 BDT
R. Trainer says:
Raymond what proof do you have that he is indeed a terrorist fundraiser. I hope you can back up your slanderous statement.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012 12:31:37 BDT
B. Kennedy says:
whats it to you mr trainer?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  17 Aug 2012
Latest post:  18 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Downfall: How Rangers FC Self Destructed
Downfall: How Rangers FC Self Destructed by Phil Mac Giolla Bhain (Paperback - 8 Sep 2012)
2.8 out of 5 stars   (200)