Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) forum

What the HELL does this mean?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Sep 2013 01:12:25 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Yes, my copy had been dispatched today using Royal "Snail" - on the tracking info it says the following: 14-SEP-2013 19:12 Outward RDC Handheld Acceptance South Western Distribution Centre - What the hell does that mean?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:14:46 BDT
ruby poynter says:
It means its at the Distribution Centre, I believe.

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 01:16:02 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Yes but what does the "Outward RDC Handheld Acceptance" mean?

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 01:25:24 BDT
ruby poynter says:
Oh, I think that is its status as in, its ready to leave the Distribution Centre. Can't be certain though.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:28:04 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Have you got a tracking number too? I checked here, it gives you more info than the standard track system: http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 01:32:46 BDT
ruby poynter says:
I do but mine only has 12 numbers, 13 is required to actually be tracked. So I cannot track my tracked 2nd class package. Doesn't really make sense does it? In fact I have no tracking at all. Not even the standard Amazon tracking system.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:33:50 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Wow, I'd be going mad haha! what a p*ss take!

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 01:38:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Sep 2013 01:39:55 BDT
ruby poynter says:
I have been. They changed my delivery option from the most expensive to the cheapest without even informing me. I'll be lucky to get the game on Wednesday since my order was only shipped late yesterday (Or today if you want to be technical) via 48 hour delivery, which is usually 2-3 days. I guess it depends on if RM received the parcel in time, if not it'll be 48 hours from Monday. I really do not like using Royal Mail's 24/48 hour services because they're not exactly reliable. Because I can't trace it, somebody could swipe it and I'd know no different.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:41:00 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Yep! exactly the same with me!! I am a Prime Member and chose "One day Delivery" and when I rang them today they said it's been sent with Royal Mail Tracked (dont know if its 24 or 48) but I was annoyed because I ideally wanted it to be courier so that it would be next day, meaning Tuesday as originally it was only supposed to be sent on the 16th

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 01:41:57 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
If it doesnt get here by TUESDAY! I'll go to Asda or something and Buy a copy and send my amazon one back or sell it!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:45:49 BDT
ruby poynter says:
That's exactly the same with me. Its probably via 48 like mine is supposed to be. I hope its via 24 as that's at least got more chance of a release day delivery but I'm pretty sure its via 48. I would have rather waited til Monday with that guarantee it would arrive on Tuesday, like originally scheduled. It is why I signed up with Prime after all, for the reliability on deliveries. Kinda sucks that those who chose the free option actually have better odds of getting it before the ones that are supposed to be exclusive members. This is my first problem with Prime though so I guess its not so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:46:59 BDT
ruby poynter says:
That would be a good idea. Not practical for me though as I don't have money left over to buy it from the store now Amazon have charged me so I'm forced to sit the wait out.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:47:49 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Awww you are so right! I'm getting so annoyed as I'm thinking about it! I wanna scream, seriously! However, the Amazon rep on the Phone did assure me about 5 times that it would be with me "by" Tuesday ...If not then I'll go elsewhere

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 01:53:49 BDT
ruby poynter says:
They have said that to me though, 3 times, however I'm not convinced. Its kinda like talking to a robot anyway. I'm more annoyed that they changed the delivery option with no warning and just assumed it was okay to do so, with zero tracking methods on my part either. They should not have changed the option. If they wanted to send it early, that's fine but they shouldn't change the delivery option that was selected. Yeah, that would mean I'd definitely get it early but I never asked them to ship it early. So now I've gone (And you I assume) from feeling relatively optimistic about receiving it on Tuesday, to not so optimistic at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 02:05:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Sep 2013 02:22:40 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
This is a nightmare, I bet none of use see the game till Wednesday at this rate! the idiots! I'm still perplexed as to what "Outward RDC Handheld Acceptance" means.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 02:23:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Sep 2013 02:24:34 BDT
ruby poynter says:
We'd better. They can hardly call it a 'guarantee' when there's no guarantee. I wouldn't worry yet though, ours have actually been sent out, there are loads of other people's who haven't even been processed yet. We may well get it by Tuesday. The sitting around waiting for it to come is gonna irritate me though. The package won't fit through my door so I'm literally gonna have to sit in all of Monday on the off chance it comes :P

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 13:28:24 BDT
http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails?trackNumber=FF973006349GB
Here's an example of what I assume it would look like and that one took 4 days! The possibility of it coming tomorrow is completely gone I think, it doesn't even look likely for tuesday!

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 20:45:53 BDT
Andy Haddock says:
Outward RDC Handheld Acceptance means it's on its way to your Regional Distribution Centre (RDC). Relax people

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 23:21:57 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Loads of people said its when it has come out of the Regional Distribution Centre, in other words, going to your local depot so I have absolutely no idea what is happening at all, it either comes tomorrow or it doesn't, if not then well Tuesday

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 23:25:37 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 16 Sep 2013 08:26:48 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2013 23:26:47 BDT
Jack Whittle says:
Haha it may aswell say this: Sprechen sie deutsch...

Posted on 15 Sep 2013 23:42:43 BDT
Paul John says:
Yeah I do I little

Posted on 16 Sep 2013 00:12:04 BDT
Chrissy says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 16 Sep 2013 08:21:21 BDT
illage2 says:
15-SEP-2013 11:57 Outward RDC Volumetric Acceptance National Distribution Centre What the hell does this mean?

Posted on 16 Sep 2013 08:24:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Sep 2013 09:00:46 BDT
it means it's being processed. why are people asking 'what the "hell" does this mean' like they're assuming it means their copy of GTA5 has been tossed in a furnace or something? it's obviously just distribution jargon.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  15 Sep 2013
Latest post:  15 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,544)