- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Pearson Education Canada; 2 edition (26 Oct. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273762540
- ISBN-13: 978-0273762546
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 1.3 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (48 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
4,162 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1 in Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- #1 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Pregnancy & Childcare > Pregnancy & Diet
- #21 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Pregnancy & Childcare > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- See Complete Table of Contents
What to Eat When You're Pregnant Paperback – 26 Oct 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Rana has lectured on a wide range of undergraduate courses and taught nutrition to medical students, midwives and trainee dieticians. She now enjoys researching and writing books and magazine features and is the nutrition expert for madeformums.com.
She lives in London with her husband and their three children.
I'm really excited that 'My pregnancy recipes and meal planner' is about to be published. Every recipe in it has been tested by a real mum or mum-to-be and by their partners and friends. With their help I've managed to bring together a collection of dishes that meet all the needs of growing babies but also satisfy the taste buds of pregnant women and anyone they might be eating with.
A good book for popping in your handbag when you go out to eat, this is easy to read and well-structured, with a handy A-Z section listing the pregnancy safety guidelines for a large variety of foods. There are also usefully sections on what to eat when youre breastfeeding. An informative read that you can just flick through quickly if you want to find out something specific.
Pregnancy & Birth, November 2011 issue
From the Back Cover
Pregnancy is an amazing time, full of wonder and excitement. But it can be worrying too. You know its down to you to eat and drink in a way that will keep your baby safe and provide the ideal fuel for growth and development. But for most of us its far from clear exactly what that means.
So what should you eat and what should you avoid? What's healthy - and what's not? And if there is a risk involved with certain foods, what exactly is the risk and how big is it? What are the nutrients that a growing baby needs and what can you eat to provide them? Do you need to take supplements, and if so, which ones?
This handy, compact book is your saviour. It's the definitive healthy eating guide for pregnancy and provides an instant checklist as to what foods are safe and what you should steer clear of. This new edition has been fully revised and includes:
· A unique, updated A-Z of food and drink the ultimate handy, quick reference
· Guidelines on alcohol and caffeine, with full explanation
· Advice for vegetarian mothers-to-be and those on special diets
· Tips on how to handle morning sickness
· How to achieve a healthy weight gain and how to lose it sensibly afterwards
· Latest research findings on what foods affect a babys development, including the most up-to-date advice on allergy proofing your baby
· What you should and shouldnt eat while breastfeeding
Expert nutritionist and pregnancy specialist Dr Rana Conway provides all the facts and everything you need to know to give your baby the very best start in life.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If the A-Z list was twice as long as it is, I would recommend this book but as it is I wouldn't recommend it to a friend or buy it again myself.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
not necessary purchase. found some of the recommendations in the book conflict with those from my doctor (and what I have read on Mayo Clinic and NHS sites)Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
A nice practical index-like book to keep in the kitchen while you're pregnant so you can check what you can and can't eat at a glance. I found it very useful.Published 10 months ago by L. Bertolatti
I loved this book it has so many useful tips for eating I have been on holiday so this was a great read and let me know what I could eat and what I should avoid.Published 11 months ago by claire84
Useless this book didn't tell me anything I didn't already know I am a very healthy eater but like my food so will eat anything once... Read morePublished 12 months ago by kay
brought it but didnt use any of the information in the end as it all about eating healthyPublished 12 months ago by Miss Allyssa Syme
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Pregnancy & Diet
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Women's Health & Lifestyle