on 13 July 2013
Having read some full novels featuring Inspector Carlyle which I enjoyed, I took a chance and purchased this, but I was disappointed with the length and content.
on 19 March 2014
Reasonable pace but started to lose interest as the ludicrous number of dead bodies piles up through the plot particularly as they are mainly police and intelligence service personal. With an apparent lack of any real interest in finding the Mossad killer by goverement agencies our ero is left pretty much to his own devices to solve the murders. Mind you with the vast amount of coffees he seems to consume in the book, he much be completely wired and racing around at 100 miles per hour. Solving a dozen or so murders should have only take a day or two really!
on 25 July 2013
This story is set in the aftermath of the Brighton bombing and has the potential to captivate the reader. Unfortunately it fails; although being a big Inspector Carlyle fan, I found his character adds nothing to the story. And what a disappointing ending.
on 16 April 2016
I have read all of this series of books to date, this one is not Craig's best; I am only half way through it having purchased it some time back, previous releases I have read in a few day having had that 'can't put it down' experience!
on 23 January 2016
Don't bother with this one. Boring repetitive foul language. Incredibly weak story line.
Weak debauched characters totally unbelievable.
Not a patch on the later Inspector Carlyle stories I read before this one
on 12 August 2013
I have read all his books about John Carlyle. I feel as if I know Carlyle by now, his non PC attitude towards his own job, his unconventional friends - all add up to a credible character. Keep it up, James.
on 24 July 2013
Another intriguing short story to fill out the background of the main character.
Hopefully James Craig will continue to complete the history of Carlyle as well as progress with more cases to solve.
on 28 August 2013
Too many characters therefore too easy to confuse them and plot quite boring. I have read three Inspector Carlyle novels now and I'm sorry James Craig, you're not for me.
on 16 August 2013
Exactly what you would expect in an Inspector Carlyle book. From a personal point of view, I wish I had started reading these books in chronological order !
on 16 August 2013
A short story following our hero (a mere DC not an inspector at the time) around the time of the Brighton Bomb, and filling gaps in Carlyle's backstory.