This fantastic little unit turns your USB connected drive into an HD media player! It has full HD video playback and navigation - up to 1080p quality.
In the box is the Media Player, Remote control, some leads and a CD.
The unit is really quite small (about the size of a large hedgehog! - 10 x 12.6 x 4 cm) and light (just 304g).
There is a 92 page User Manual on a CD - you don't get this as a hard copy in the box but can ask the nice people at Western Digital to send you one.
I've hooked my 1 Terabyte Hard drive up to my TV via my Media player and now have a huge number of films, music and talking books I can play when I fancy. Download some jpegs of movies and put them in the same folder as the movie and hey presto you'll get a thumbnail pic of it...
With this new HD Media Player you can play a huge number of different file types.
You will need a HDMI cable (i.e. one is not supplied) unless you are happy to connect via a Composite AV Connection (for Standard Definition).
It has an excellent navigation system - which obviously shows up on your TV and is accessible via the remote control (batteries included)
This "Advanced Navigation" offers the following Options:
* Thumbnail, list, and preview modes - browse your content by filename or by
thumbnails of photos, album covers, video preview, and movie cover art.
* Automatic Media Library - lets you view all your media by media type in one menu regardless of its location in folders or drives. You can filter by categories such as genre, album, artist, and date.
* Search - search by genre, title, artist, filename, and partial filename.
* Create custom slide shows with a variety of transitions and background music
* Zoom, pan, and rotate
* Fast forward, rewind, 10-minute skip, pause, zoom, and pan
* View subtitles
* Multi-audio tracks support
* Fast forward, rewind, pause, shuffle, and repeat
Also, the price of this second generation media player is coming down all the time. Amazon have slashed almost 10% off it in the past two weeks. There is an earlier version you can buy for around £69 if you check its technical spec and see that it plays all of the files you want to use it for.
If you want to play HD files from your hard drive on your TV then this really is a superb unit which does the job expertly!