Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 October 2009
I bought this story for story time in a pre-school. Its absolutely briliant. The children love it. You read the story and it's about a Dad writing a story so 2 books in one. Love the illustrations and we used them to draw and imagine new and wonderful aliens. The text also rhymes in the 2nd book which is brilliant for early aliteration.
on 6 July 2011
This book is wonderful I bought it for my daughter age 6 but think a younger child could cope and enjoy this book. it's a lovely little story and to have a book inside a book very clever. my daughter now tells everyone her favorite author is Colin McNaughton.
Discovering a children's book that both you and your two year old can enjoy is a rare thing but 'We're off to look for Aliens' pulls it off beautifully.

With wonderful illustrations, Colin McNaughton has created a charming and entertaining story. He even uses a 'book within a book' device to add an extra layer to what is usually (by necessity) a one dimensional genre. The rhyming and alliteration is very easy to read and great for children to join in with. There is even a twist at the end that might catch out the odd adult on the first read.
Children's books don't often come better than this.
on 29 September 2009
I looked at this book at the local library - a very well used copy by the schools. Therefore, decided to buy my own - as my daughter school project is about aliens and monsters. Very lovely book with great illustration and good narrative.
on 9 April 2013
I loved this story and so did the children in my class (6yr olds). We loved the 'book within a book' aspect, the rhyme and comical vocabulary and the twist at the end. We got a lot of creative discussion and writing from this book.
on 9 June 2011
My son (3, almost 4) loves this. There's lots in the pictures to describe and count, the story rhymes making it fun to read aloud and the last page never fails to delight him.
Definitely worth having on the bookshelf.
on 31 January 2014
Following on from 'Aliens in Underpants save the world' this is another firm favourite for reading aloud and sharing in a small group. Lots of imaginative play and craft activities have come from these two books
on 15 October 2010
My little boy loves The aliens are coming, by Colin McNaughton so i'm sure that he will love this one too. This was a quick and easy transaction and much cheaper than buying it from a book shop
on 30 January 2014
A highly captivating story which had the children in my nursery class enthralled. The illustrations were super. A good book.
on 11 October 2010
So good, when my daughter bought a copy back from school, I bought it, my friend did, and she bought another title by the author for my little boy's birthday.