Colour: Multi-Coloured - Schwarz/Blau/Silber|Change

on 6 December 2015
I'm extremely fussy when it comes to watches. My girlfriend wanted to buy me a watch for Christmas and is sorry she even had the idea. Weeks of research and three returned watches Including a Tissot PR100 (which I found too effeminate) and an Armani Exchange (which I told her was junk and you pay for the name alone) and here we are with number four - she is more RELIEVED than anything that I absolutely love this watch.
Let's start with what I found out about the company. This is important these days because there are tons of companies claiming Swiss heritage that either have none or have cut corners with it. Examples are Stuhrling (Swiss bankrupt bought out and made in China), Swiss Legend (the "swiss quartz" on the face is the ONLY thing Swiss about what they sell), Rotary (An Actual Swiss company but now run from London and using Japanese parts assembled in Switzerland). Gigandet (a long defunct Swiss company resurrected by Asians who, nonetheless produce quality watches) etc etc. Wenger were in direct competition with Victorinox over the Swiss Army Knife back in the mists of time - it is unclear which has the biggest bragging rights as both were involved at one time or another. Eventually the popularity of the Victorinox name in the US had them corner the market and Wenger ran into financial difficulty. Wenger was subsequently bought out by Victorinox who appear to have let them continue to run as their own business. So, to cut a very long story short, what you have here is a genuine Swiss company with a non-fabricated heritage. The same applies to the manufacture, assembly, and individual components of their watches. This model has a full sapphire crystal face cover (many that are listed as sapphire are sapphire COATED), marine grade 316L steel throughout, and a Swiss Ronda 515 movement.
So a genuine "swiss watch" then - but with a screw down crown, a screw in backplate, and a working bezel. You just don't get all that at this price point anywhere else.
And the watch itself does not disappoint. You KNOW it's quality the minute you see it. Even the steel box it comes in smacks of quality. It's a weighty watch so wont suit those who like a light watch. A "man's man" watch. The screw down crown even feels soilid and well made. The face is clear, has 'Super Luminova' lumes for long lasting night illumination. And the second hand ticks with a reassuring accuracy smack on its markers. I'm not a fan of perpetual movements this is the way a watch should be. Other watches that show water resistances of 100m - 300m and don't have a screw down crown I wouldn't even risk swimming with but the way this is built it obviously does what it says it does. Simply perfect.
on 9 March 2013
As an international voice over artist I absolutely rely on great timekeeping, both when getting to studio appointments and during the actual recording sessions. I regularly have to "time" my voice recordings to fit-in with a radio or TV commercials and my Sea Force is so easy to read and so accurate, it does the perfect job.

When I look for a new watch there are certain features I demand, namely:

Swiss manufacture
A strong stainless steel case
Sapphire glass
Water resistance
A great warranty

My Wenger Sea Force ticked all the boxes and there really was no other watch I could buy. It really was the perfect choice!

UPDATE: I had the watch for 8 months and it started suddenly losing 10 minutes every couple of weeks at random intervals (so it wasn't the battery!). I tried emailing Wenger for support but the email address advertised on their website didn't work and my email was returned. Spoke to Amazon who refunded my money and I opted for a more tried and tested Gents Seiko Kinetic Stainless Steel Divers 200M Water Resistant Watch on Bracelet, with Date. Ref SKA369P1
on 12 July 2014
This ia a fantastic watch, forget the sturhling, swiss military honowa that you will be disappointed with go for this rugged swiss made watch, i cant fault it.
on 23 October 2014
This is my third Wenger watch and they are all excellent quality. The watch is really nice looking and the quality shows. The hands all hit their marks accurately and the screw in crown is acceptable. The band is supple and comfortable and bears the word Wenger on one side in large letters. It is normal men's size.
The size of the watch is about right, not too big not too small.
I am pleased with it.
Update.
I returned the watch because I didn't like the screw down crown. The threads only allowed about one turn to tighten and seemed flimsy, and the crown jammed on occasion. Still a good watch but I wasn't happy. Might not bother others.
on 1 October 2013
Saw this watch first in an in-flight magazine advert and liked the look of it, particularly in blue.
Made in Switzerland and a good Amazon discount made my mind up for me.
Arrived promptly, too quickly really, I was still on holiday!
Now I have examined it, I can confirm that the quality and appearance are very good.
One down-side of on-line shopping, though.
Not actually seen the watch in a shop and it is larger and heavier than I expected.
Don't think I will risk any diving in it; may never be able to surface.
Need to take up body building and I'm sure it will be fine.
on 2 June 2015
Love it!!
Really clear for me to see. Quality watch, second one I have owned just moved up a grade.
on 6 April 2014
High quality good appearance diving watch. The watch runs 8 seconds too fast each month That pulls down my review. A quartz watch from Switzerland must be more accurate then 8 sec / mounth. The movement comes from Ronda and are not as accurate as the ETA movements. I can nevertheless recommend buying this watch, as it gives great value for money

Håkan Norman Sweden
on 20 January 2015
Purchased this watch and it arrived quickly. Delighted with the looks and quality of the build but was just to heavy for my arthritic wrists and so had to return. A shame as the watch was perfect in every other way. If you like a heavier watch >100g and like what you see then buy without hesitation.
on 11 February 2014
Looks and wears awesome. Very masculine! Doesn't irritate. Calender/date could be more easy to read though but time is easy to appreciate.
on 22 February 2015
Excellent watch - good value for money