on 1 February 2015
This is a lovely, weighty, well-made watch which has a greater perceivable value than the price I paid. However, upon opening the packaging I noticed straight away that the outer cardboard sleeve was missing & the 'tin' was in a plastic taped-up bag. Upon opening the tin & removing the watch I discovered that the Wenger card label & 2 of the leaflets were dog eared as if having being handled by thumb & forefinger. All this makes me think that this watch was a returned item. I am a little disappointed as this was intended to be a gift for a family member. Oh, well, I'll just have to keep it for myself....!
..... I notice that now the price has gone up by £31, putting it out of my price range. Such a pity ...... hence only 4 instead of 5 stars.
on 8 January 2015
I love this watch. Bought at a "Today's Deals" very good price. Arrived promptly, well packed and as advertised. The very clear face is just what I was looking for. The case is perhaps larger than I imagined (though as advertised), but I have soon got used to it and really like the look. The band is large and needed adjustment, which prompted me to buy a cheap set of watch repair tools from Amazon. At £3.73 (yes - for 16 tools!) the cheap and cheerful kit did the job of shortening the band and has also been used to replace a battery in another watch for £2.00. This watch is a good buy.
on 25 January 2015
I'm an ex-Swiss-watch collector fallen on hard times, i.e. non-rich-no-savings-retired. I bought this watch because it is genuine Swiss made and it has a big no-nonsense dial suitable for future failing eyes. While it doesn't quite have the heritage of my favourite brands it does offer incredible value. I can't think of any other real Swiss watch offering this build quality at Amazon's price. I couldn't resist buying it!

At this point I should mention to the unwary that many allegedly Swiss watches aren't Swiss made. Also beware of watches made elsewhere and only containing Swiss movements. The Swiss Watch industry has lots to say on this subject on the internet......look it up.

Anyway, I've done my research and know that the movement is a "Fashion" style ETA quartz calibre. While this is one of their cheapy range it is most definitely Swiss and after seven days use it remains spot-on accurate....quite unlike a respectable Japanese movement I experienced some years ago.

If there is any flaw with the watch it's that the hands are very marginally off-centre. This means that the second hand does not always fall exactly on the index mark. I suspect this is due to the fitting of the low-cost calibre. You have to be fussy to notice this, and as far as I'm concerned, the high-accuracy is more important.

The bracelet is stainless steel but not made of solid pieces. However, it is quite a decent light-weight bracelet of a type common among many Swiss brands not so long ago.

The case is lovely & solid with a screw back. Screw-backed watches are better in my view than push-on backs and they are more common in Swiss watches costing hundreds.

As far as I can tell, the watch is assembled in the Wenger factory and I believe the case is also made there. If any reader knows better I'll be glad to hear from them.

As regards wearing it, I have no complaints whatever. Unlike my other watches I don't have to work at all to read the dial. Although it is a big watch it seems to sit well & look good on my un-large wrist.

I'm fairly mean awarding stars, so haven't gone quite as far as the "Love It" 5-Star category. It takes quite a while for any watch to fall into the love-it category with me....and, as you may also have gathered, I'm very fussy. I think the last watch I loved cost over £1,000 about 10 years ago, and had to be sold to raise cash. So with this in mind, my 4 stars is a pretty good recommendation.
on 15 January 2015
Read all the rave reviews on here about this watch,plus the price was less than £40 so i went for it.Have to say im slightly disappointed.First it's not shiny silver like in the picture more of a gun metal brushed look,the bracelet feels flimsy and is quite thin.The whole watch does seem rather light.However the face,dial and numbers look great,very legible.It's Swiss made and has a 3 year guarantee.All in all a pretty average watch.
on 5 December 2014
Bought this as part of Black Friday and would have been happy to pay full price. A lovely design with clean lines and the uncluttered face is perfect for reading the time which after all is a key function. Highly recommend
on 10 December 2014
This is my first swiss made watch and even though it's comparably affordable (I don't really want to use the word 'cheap'), it looks beautiful and it feels great wearing it. It's solid, not too heavy, but not light either. With a 41mm case it is large as far as the current trends go, but not ridiculously large as some watches you see displayed in many shop windows. It seems to be pretty precise and overall I am quite happy with it. Recommended.
on 6 February 2015
This a quality watch which looks far more expensive than it is, a simple classic look. The watch is not slim, is slightly chunkier than than the picture shows but too much and adds to the look.
I got this on sale at amzon, because of the price I don't worry about scratching it, bashing it and as a result I wear it nearly everyday, which includes the office, site and whilst doing diy - and it appears to as good as new.
Only thing I find is clasp a little tight to open but this will probably loosen - better tight than loose.
on 19 September 2012
I have owned several Rolexes and other 'prestige' watches, but have never had any watch that gains just one single second a week and that is of such incredible precision as my Wenger men's military watch. It is beautifully made, solid, handsome and has a Swiss quartz movement, all guaranteed for THREE YEARS. Now that shows the manufacturer's confidence in his product, a confidence I fully share.
on 27 December 2014
Got this as a Black Friday lightening deal, and very pleased with it. I looks and feels fantastic on. Seems rugged while still being stylish (without being too flashy). I like in particular the slightly retro 'squared off' look to the numerals and the Swiss cross at 12 O'Clock. The only slight niggle is that from 3 O'Clock to 6 O'Clock the second hand doesn't quite align with the markers - my Swatch manages this and I would have expected this more expensive watch to o the same.

But overall, its a really nice stylish and hopefully rugged Swiss watch, which I enjoy wearing and would recommend, especially if available under 100 quid.
on 5 January 2015
my son loves this watch.