Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 November 2010
If you want an overview of the various welding processes then this book suffices. However, if you want to learn how to weld then this is not the book for you! Also, print quality is so bad that detail in pictures is very hard to distinguish.
on 6 January 2014
Bought this book before Christmas because I am a curious enthusiast (typical "dummy")who would like to know how to weld. This book contains very little about "how to weld", but a lot of factual information about different kinds of welding, necessary hardware, metal, setting up shop, safety etc. as well as a section about cutting.
All good and useful for some, but to me, it is like a cookbook full of information about food, pots and pans, but with no information about how to cook.
The only 2 (!) pictures of welding seams are small, out of focus and appears to be taken with a toy camera.
on 2 July 2013
Book is aimed at the American market, with many references to American welding standards. The instructions for welding techniques would have benefited from some diagrams showing the techniques as well as describing them. Very comprehensive covering arc, mig, and tig as well as plasma cutting and soldering but l was disappointed with the lack of basic technique diagrams / graphics
on 8 September 2012
I was thinking about setting up a little welding shop for hobby crafts and the like, not that I had any experience of welding, it just seemed like something worth doing. In a mad moment of "pause for thought" I decided to read up on the subject first. I like the "dummies" series, they always seem to be suitable for my level of understanding of something new!!! (work it out people). This text was no exception, it sensibly talks you through all of the neccessities of setting up yourself as well as your shop, its well laid out and well thought through, the author is an experienced welder of many years and whilst the style won't suit everyone, it is down to earth and tells you what you need to do.
I am still going ahead with my project, but I feel having read this first, I will be doing it more sensibly and safely.
on 17 October 2013
Welding For Dummies was purchased for present for my Grandson, who keep asking how do I do that.
It failed to that , The authers skills were not made clear , finding me more work.
on 18 November 2012
Welding for Dummies, as the title suggests this book is easy to understand and very comprehensive. The price and the service was also very good.
on 16 February 2014
This book is very helpful, even I can understand it, unfortunately I can not seem to get the welding beads looking like it shows in the book, I think I need a lot more practice.
on 30 August 2015