Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360) forum

Weird delivery estimate

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Apr 2008 21:39:03 BDT
Ok just ordered this game today and my delivery estimate is the 17th of April. I know this can't be possible but does this mean I will get it on day of release?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2008 21:51:50 BDT
probably just a glitch in the system. it should update nearer the release date

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 01:59:18 BDT
M. Powell says:
If you have only just ordered today, then you will *NOT* get the game on the 29th of April from Amazon as the games front page clearly states.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 08:13:22 BDT
F. Beaney says:
Clearly if somewhat belatedly...

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 12:14:40 BDT
M. Powell says:
Yes, but there is no excuse for people who have ordered since the 360 warning was added on Saturday.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 12:37:50 BDT
S. F. Ellis says:
i orderd mine on March 11th and my delivery estimate is May 8th.........Amazon are having a laugh as i know people who have orderd after the 9th of April with delivery estimates at 29th of April! i have emailed Amazon several times with the same response "orders are shipped on a first come first serve basis".

Run by Idiots!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 12:52:35 BDT
M. Powell says:
I posted this in another thread... but I thought I would post it here as well, just in case anyone misses it:

I imagine by now, Amazon are giving everyone the same May delivery date in order to cover any future complaints. If you did order well ahead of the April 8th cut off, then I would imagine you are one of the people who fall into the 'first come first serve' bracket, but your just getting an estimated delivery date ahead of April 29th so that there is no excuse for late deliveries.

People need to remember that these pre-order shortages are just that... *pre-order shortages*.. there is nothing stopping you from going down to your local games retailer and buying a physical copy of the game on the 29th as by law, all retailers must be able to supply at least a small number of copies of a product to customers who have not pre-ordered. But you will probably need to be getting up very early to catch GTA 4 in this case...

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2008 20:38:18 BDT
I ordered the game about 4 or so weeks ago. The price was 35, and now it is 40. Another benefit of pre-ordering quite a bit in adbance, I suppose. As for delivery estimates, they are notoriously unreliable when ordering more than a couple of weeks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2008 01:40:33 BDT
Sebastian says:
Change your delivery method to "First class" instead of "free delivery" your delivery will change to 29-30 april. I was pissed when that happened on mine but now it's sorted - unfortunately this costs nearly an extra 2 but it's still cheaper than in shops (depending on when you ordered).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  15 Apr 2008
Latest post:  22 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360) by Rockstar (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (274)