Weight loss results with Davina's Super Body Workout

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2009 21:54:43 GMT
Everybody is talking about the "effectiveness" of the workout. In terms of weight loss, how are people getting on? Is it worthwhile on the weightloss front?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2009 23:21:22 GMT
S. Geoghegan says:
Definitely. I've lost 10pounds with it over 2months and i'm delighted. THANKS DAVINA! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2009 15:22:58 GMT
vids says:
Hey! i am also a Davina fan, although I really feel that this one will keep me entertained (I have a very low attention span!!) as there are so many routines to choose from. Geoghegan, congratulations on the 10 pound weight loss! very commendable! I was just wondering which workouts to you mainly do? Ive read and heard from Davina that super sculpt is really good to change the body shape quickly and you burn more calories doing weights, so i was wondering if it was the super sculpt you have been mainly doing?

I also have to say that recently I bought the slimming world's 30 minute receipe book and have started 'food optimising' so its not a diet but more like healthy eating but in a way which is realistic and which I know i can ft into my lifestyle and i recommend it to all of you. It fits in with Davina's motto of losing weight healthily.

Hope to hear how you guys get on! :O)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2009 10:51:46 GMT
K. Higgs says:
Hi laura, Ive been doing the DVD for 3 weeks now, doing it 3-4 times a week and swimming twice a week also. Ive cut out all the rubbish from my diet, crisps, chocolate, takeaways etc etc. Ive found that I have really toned my body up and am really noticing a differance in my body shape. Not only is my body shape changing, I have also lost a stone in weight since I started! So stick at it, it is SO worth it!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2009 17:39:03 GMT
Jackie wren says:
You are all doing really well. Keep working hard and eating healthy . x

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Feb 2009 15:09:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Feb 2009 15:09:33 GMT
wackwa says:
I would endorse this workout without a second thought!

Posted on 10 Feb 2009 16:08:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Feb 2009 16:09:17 GMT
i have been doing this workout now for 3 weeks and have gone from 13s5lb to 11s7lb and feeling great

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2009 14:07:56 GMT
anonymous says:
Ms. Tl Wright please could you give give details about what you did to lose weight so quickly and well done!! :)

Posted on 17 Feb 2009 11:46:44 GMT
Hello. I brought this DVD yesterday after reading all your recommendations. I tried the superfit 40 min workout last night and am suffering this morning (in a good way :) ...My aim is to loose a stone and i truely hope this works.

Posted on 18 Feb 2009 14:59:47 GMT
Denzil says:
I have been doing the video for about 4 weeks now, monday to friday. I cannot believe how quickly my arms and legs have toned up-which i mainly attribute to the super sculpt section with the additional legs section...but i tend to alternate between superfit and supersculpt. I am very happy with the soundtrack, the trainers and Davina are amusing and it's definitely the best home fitness video that ive ever owned.

Posted on 18 Feb 2009 15:02:32 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 18 Feb 2009 15:03:17 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2009 15:25:06 GMT
Denzil says:
Hello Jacqueline,
I would be grateful if you could recommend a type of trainer more suited to high impact aerobics? My knees have been a bit sore after using the dvd although its absolutely worth it because they are such enjoyable workouts and I am seeing real results. I suspect my old and extremely naff trainers are to blame! Thanks

Posted on 27 Feb 2009 13:39:42 GMT
B. Moane says:
I have been doing this dvd now for 3 weeks. 3 times aweek and haven't lost nothing in weight. I have been cutting down also. I am 10 and a half stone and would like to lose a stone. Does anyone know how long this might take??
I can't do the exercise more than 3 times a week as it hurts my neck but is an excellent fitness dvd and I love it.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Mar 2009 19:59:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Mar 2009 20:00:03 GMT
Hi B. Moane,
Stick at it, don't give up. Rem muscle weighs 3 times heavier than fat!! U can't expect results straight away, 3 wks is not enuf. Always allow at least 4-6wks. U should be feeling good from ur exercise regime, but then people start 2 notice and then eventually u will see a difference, Just keep going, ur doing really well :)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2009 21:45:28 BDT
Linzi says:
Wow that's excellent! Well done. I weigh the same as your start weight right now, could you please give me details of how you lost the weight so quickly? I just purchesed this product today =]

Posted on 19 May 2009 14:13:10 BDT
LouBell says:
I have been doing this DVD and find it a good introduction to fitness DVDs but it is not an effective weight loss tool for me. Before this DVD I used Ministry of Sound pump it, burn it, loss it. Using that DVD I lost 7 pounds in 8 weeks. Using the DVD just doesn't make me work as hard and I have not gained weight but have not lost any either.

Posted on 21 May 2009 21:24:06 BDT
Angie says:
Hi there
I am keen to purchase this DVD as I have heard some great reviews from it. Could anybody please tell me do you need a fitness mat like they have at the gyms and with this DVD is it a routine with or without weights?
Many thanks and well done to all of you who have lost weight.

Posted on 22 May 2009 10:00:03 BDT
LouBell says:
Hi Angie, No matt needed but super scultp uses hand weights.
I use a big bottle of water in each hand instead of buying weights.
If you have done no DVDs before this will be great for you, mix up your workout so you do not get bored. Please report on here if you actually lose any weight coz at the moment I am not with this DVD.
Good Luck

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2009 23:47:17 BDT
Hi LouBell,

Do you (or anyone else!) find it confusing when the instructor says to 'go to the right' when they actually mean their right, not yours??? I was really surprised that they produced it in this way. Are other exercise DVDs like this?

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 10:49:27 BDT
LouBell says:
Hi Fridge Magnet,
This got on my nerves a bit too, Charlie Brook DVD gives instructions to the audience so that you go the same way and so does Ministry of Sound. On this one it is confusing. As long as you swop legs and go the one way and then the other I wouldn't worry too much.
Have you lost any weight doing this DVD - I've 5 pounds till my target and this DVD is not producing results for me. Anyone else????

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 10:49:34 BDT
LouBell says:
Hi Fridge Magnet,
This got on my nerves a bit too, Charlie Brook DVD gives instructions to the audience so that you go the same way and so does Ministry of Sound. On this one it is confusing. As long as you swop legs and go the one way and then the other I wouldn't worry too much.
Have you lost any weight doing this DVD - I've 5 pounds till my target and this DVD is not producing results for me. Anyone else????

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2009 11:36:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jun 2009 21:58:53 BDT
Hi LouBell,
Thanks for your reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one feels the DVD is a bit confusing. I am getting used to it now, but would rather it wasn't made that way.
I think I have lost weight, my clothes are definitely looser, but this may be because of a healthier diet as well, loads more friut and vegetables than usual and no bread. I refuse to weigh myself as it depresses me too much these days!

5 pounds to go is excellent, well done. Keep at it, you'll get there in the end and then you'll be set for summer.

all the best
Fridge Magnet

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2009 13:39:39 BDT
LouBell says:
Fridge magnet, looser clothes is the best way to know if you are losing weight, muscle weights more then fat so the scales are not a good indicator, use a tape measure instead.
Are you using sculpt or fit or both, is one workout better for you then the other?
LouBell.
Ps, still 5 pounds for me booooooooooooooo :o(

Posted on 11 Jul 2009 22:06:51 BDT
S. E. Green says:
Bubbletoes87 says;
Ive lost a stone in about 5 weeks from doing the routines 5-6 times a week mainly the Super Pump and Super Abs followed by Super Six Pack. Ive been quite strict cutting out snacks unless its fresh fruit or veg and also going for more exercise eg walking to the shops (1/2 a mile each way) with two heavy children in a pushchair instead of taking the car. I also feel that Mark is very confusing with his directions and instructions which is why I do tend to favor Jackies Super Abs routine. Other than that I love this DVD and have recommended it highly to family and friends who have seen the results with me and have all rushed out and bought it!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2009 13:16:53 BDT
Wow good stuff, I am finding it hard cutting all the junk out my diet, any tips? x
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  24
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  19 Jan 2009
Latest post:  24 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Davina - Super Body Workout [DVD]
Davina - Super Body Workout [DVD] by Davina McCall (DVD - 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (260)