on 24 December 2000
This is one of the first exercise videos I bought, and, for the past three years, one of the few I keep going back to time and again. I'm happy to say this one has helped establish and keep me in the work-out habit, I find I really miss it when I don't do this one or the Stretch and Tone video at least a few times a month. The choreography is a bit complicated and daunting at first, but somehow the initial confusion just makes you work that little bit harder--just stick with it, you'll get it, and that in itself feels really good. Unlike many exercise videos, none of the moves is particularly difficult or physically taxing (n.b.there are a lot of "big" arm movements), but the cummulative effect is very good, in the end it's surprising to realise how hard you've really worked. Good sound warm up and genuinely pleasurable and relaxing cool down sections really recommend this one.
0Comment|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2004
Never having seen a Weight Watchers video before, I wasn't sure what to expect - I was really pleased to find that this is an excellent workout. It's hard enough to work up a decent sweat but not so hard that you feel reluctant to try it more than once. After my first try I really looked forward to doing this workout again - it's definitely going to become a favourite.The presenter is really good, pleasing to watch and gives nice clear cues. If you know Jane Fonda's videos you will find that this is a similar sort of level and makes a refreshing change.