TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This has become my favourite breakfast "staple" over the last few years and I get through a packet or two every week - so you can be sure that for me, it's certainly a top recommendation. I have found that if I don't get enough fibre in my diet, then I get cramps, indigestion etc. and generally feel unwell. If however, I start the day with a high fibre cereal like this one, then I feel fine.

However, most high fibre cereals that I have tried are generally unpleasant to eat - like soggy cardboard! But Crunchy Bran is crisp and although slightly bland, is certainly not a chore to eat, like some. It is quite enjoyable as it is, with some milk and as such is a fairly low calorie breakfast. For variety, I tend to mix it with muesli and fruit - Alpen raspberry gives both of these and works very well for me. The other way is to add dried fruit, currants, raisins etc.

I must say though that I have really come to enjoy this cereal as a daily breakfast "must" and if this was discontinued, I wouldn't know what to do without it - I'm hooked!
on 23 April 2015
I love this. A really tasty and healthy breakfast ingredient that goes very well with other cereals and fruit, fresh or dried. A very economical way of buying this product. Delivery was secure and within the specified time frame. I will definitely be buying it again.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 February 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are actually pretty tasty for a high bran cereal. Quite sweet tasting. And a nice crunch, although it doesnt last too long once the milk is added. My kids love them, which is a brilliant way of getting something healthy into them other than the normal sugary rubbish that's pushed at kids for breakfast!
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I remember Weetabix releasing a cereal somewhat like this many years ago - that is, Weetabix in a flake rather than biscuit form. I see that they currently have a product called Weetabix Weetaflakes. I'm not sure if that is the original version that I remember, but it looks just the same. They bring out so many varieties - some of which survive and some don't - that it's hard to keep track.

This Crunchy Bran version has a much crunchier texture, which some people will prefer.

One advantage of not having a cereal in biscuit form is that you can be more precise with the serving size.

I will now hand over to our chief breakfast cereal taster, from a younger generation of the family:

"As far as cereal goes I'd say it's not too interesting. It tastes like Weetabix but the texture is much better to be fair and I don't like how mushy Weetabix gets quite quickly, so it's much better than that. A serving suggestion is with fruit and that does make it better. You can taste the sugar as well which is different from Weetabix so it is a little nicer to eat. It's good for Weetabix lovers who want something a bit different anyway."

So worth trying, for the sake of variety.
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've always loved original Weetabix as it's one of the healthiest cereals around in terms of sugar and salt content, yet it still tastes reasonably good. I occasionally eat Bran Flakes too, and although I feel they taste a little better than Weetabix, they have a surprising high sugar content (22g per 100g of cereal).

The Weetabix Crunchy Bran sits somewhere between the two.

It's about as tasty as you can get for a bran cereal. After years of low sugar cereals an un-sweet cereal is fine with me. If you're coming to this from muesli or granola you might have to get used to the taste.

Crunchy Bran feels more filling than Bran Flakes and is better in terms of salt and sugar content, although not as good as original Weetabix. Weetabix Crunchy bran has 14.3g of Sugar and 0.9g of salt per 100g of cereal. Original Weetabix has 4.4g of sugar and 0.65g of salt per 100g. The Crunchy Bran does have twice as much fibre as original Weetabix, otherwise the nutritional values are fairly similar.

Overall I found Crunchy Bran to be a fairly healthy and filling breakfast that provides a good amount of fibre with a good taste.
VINE VOICEon 3 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been having these nice crunchy cereals for breakfast for the last 3 days and I am happy to say that they have been a real surprise to my digestive system.

Been a bit of a toast and jam man I am not used to have such a healthy breakfast and the Weetabix cruncies have woken up my sluggish bowels and made them a bit more regular and hyperactive, to the point of making me feel clean like never before.

A portion provides one third of required amount of fibre in a day, and in my case that probably represents a whole month supply, to help your digestive system.

The are actually crunchy as well, is not just a gimmick by the company, the make a noise when you eat them, which is a nice reminder of my old toast-and-jam days.

The only negative point is that I need a regular break in the morning which has raised suspicion among my office colleagues, used to me been a once-a-month type of guy.

I recommend investing in one of these as wellHome Ionic Ioniser Air Purifier Revitaliser Freshener, they might come in handy.
on 10 February 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are a fairly mid-ground cereal, in that they aren't massively sweet, but they do taste more sugary than traditional bran flakes. I have found that they hold their shape quite well, without becoming soggy too quickly (which is something that I really dislike in a cereal), so they are fairly good for me in that sense. There is a good amount of fibre in this cereal too and the packet boasts that it is 'low in saturated fat'; 'a good source of folic acid' and 'fortified with vitamins and minerals'. Looking at the ingredients, the vitamins and minerals that are within it are iron, calcium, vitamins B2, B6 and B12 and vitamin D.

I would say that this cereal would be really nice with some added extras, such as blueberries or sultanas. As they are they taste largely like bran flakes and may be a little bland for some people. I tend to prefer fruit and fibre cereals, which contain a little added interest within the box, but I would certainly buy this occassionally as a change of pace.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm often amazed by the products that Amazon sells and this breakfast cereal was delivered promptly and with no squashed box either.

I really enjoyed this cereal and found it even better when I added a dollop of strawberry yoghurt. It has a high fibre content, 20%, a good smattering of all the vitamins and minerals that our bodies need and a sugar content of 14.3%. I find that all manufactured/processed cereals are too sweet and I certainly didn't need to add sugar to this one although it's not on the super sweet scale of Frosties, Coco Pops etc. Some reviewers find it bland - well yes it is, but aren't they all unless you move on to the highly sugared and flavoured ones. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was that the 'crunch' turned soggy fairly quickly after adding milk.

Would I buy again? Yes, I certainly would if only my local supermarket stocked it. Sorry Amazon, but I can't possibly find storage in my kitchen for 9 boxes.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
No one should suffer repellent tastes and textures from their bowl of cereal in order to keep their fibre intake regular. Traditional bran cereals consisted of peculiar tasting twigs, which were trumpeted as a healthier alternative to much-loved sugar-laden, often chocolate laced products. Thankfully, things are gradually changing.

This crunchy bran tastes pleasant and has an attractive chewiness. There is sugar, but not enough to wake the senses: I find a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon livens up a bowl. They taste pretty good.

However, there's a problem if you cannot digest milk. Most people would add milk to cereal, but you wouldn't expect the cereal itself to contain milk. I am Galactocemic, and now suffer from a violent tummy-ache after just one bowl (I'd used my usual Soya drink). So, this product should be avoided if milk is a problem for you. What a shame, because I had enjoyed my breakfast!
VINE VOICEon 11 January 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The cereal looks a bit like brown plastic drain pipe cut into chunks and when sitting in the bowl you can't help thinking "how am I ever going to get that in my mouth?!" Luckily with the addition of some milk any fears about swallowing are forgotten. I love the taste of bran so I am already sold. Sugar content is not too bad and the cereal is both filling and tasty. The product is advertised as being in a newly designed box. New packaging if fair enough. The colour and branding bringing Crunchy Bran closer in line to the rest of the Weetabix family. However the real selling point is taste, which is very good. 1 star off for the lack of an alternative texture like dried fruit and the thickness of the chunks which as I've said can be intimidating.