In a nutshell this book is 200 pages of web design screenshots and nothing else. But don't let that put you off as its very handy to flick through for inspiration when you're having a "design block" day. The book contains 89 of the world's best recognised web design studios and 2 or 3 examples of each of their work. Its useful on a number of levels:
1. There is little-to-no text to read, its all about the imagery, so its easy to flick through;
2. The book is small, thin and flexible so its easy to stuff into your bag and carry around with you;
3. There is plenty of variation in the designs and clients to keep you coming back;
4. It gives you a boost if you see one of the world's top design agency's designs and think to yourself "I could do better than that";
5. The little text that there is gives you some idea of what the design house was thinking when they originally came up with the design;
6. Its cheap, cheerful and makes great toilet reading.
There's nothing special about this book, but its small, compact and you'll find yourself coming back to it time after time. Very well compiled.