- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3504 KB
- Print Length: 45 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Mimi Kelly (28 April 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00K08UFFM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,398,883 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Weather Instruments: Facts for Kids Kindle Edition
Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for £7.99 a month, including this one. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
About the pictures: Just double tap them to enlarge them and pull on the edges for a full sized picture. When done, press the X on the top of the picture to go back to the text of the book. Speaking of pictures in this book, these are in HD and of superb color, sharpness and quality! **Also, I read this book in my 7 inch tablet and it is very well formatted for this as the text very readable, and the pictures could be double tapped and stretched for a FULL SCREEN PICTURE!
Even though this book is primarily for children, an adult, I learned a few things myself by reading this book.
Highly recommend this book!
While this book is stated to be aimed at beginning readers, it would be a good idea to have an adult read through the book at least the first time with our aspiring weather forecasters to help with some pronunciation and concepts.
Definitely recommended reading for kids all the way to junior high.
The book discusses instruments to measure pressure, temperature, rainfall, snowfall, humidity, wind speed and direction and more. It also has interesting facts about some aspects of weather and its causes e.g. lightning, supercells, some fun information like the origins of sayings like "it's raining cats and dogs".
I liked the idea of making your own weather instruments which you can read about at the back of the book, along with the downloadable puzzle.
Great information teaching about weather and how to predict it.
Definitely recommend this book for kids all the way to junior high (and older).
What can crickets tell us about the temperature? Find out here!
Want to make your own weather instruments? The author includes brief instructions on how.
This book, for older children, is well written and a great educational resource. There is also a FREE downloadable word search at the end of the book. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
The last section of the book is very motivational, and makes you want to go out and make some weather measuring instruments yourself. Definitely a great way to do some fun crafts type projects with your kids that will have some very practical educational value too.
I highly recommend this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Weather
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works > Nature > Weather
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Children's Nonfiction > Science, Nature & How It Works
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Earth Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Environment