on 27 July 2013
This is an excellent piece of exercise equipment suitable for beginer and intermediate training and Ideal for Tall and short people, I'm 6ft 2" and with the saddle bar fully extended I can get a Comfortable riding position.
On arrival and unpacking it, all parts individually wrapped and you don't have to worry about getting handle bar padding on as it is already fitted. English diction in the Instructions is not the best but following diagrams is straight forward and took about 15/20min to assemble. Digital read out is Simple and easy to use also large digits easy to read. When you try out the individual Tension settings they feel quite easy but anywhere between 5 and 9 you certainly get a good work out and feel it in your legs.
My only slight criticism is the Saddle, this is a Touring Type saddle and will probably suite those with a Lager size back side for those with smaller backsides it may get Uncomfortable after a while (Will have to look for a Gel saddle cover).
All in all this gives an Excellent work out and when finished just fold up and put in a wardrobe or storage space, Brilliant Buy, Excellent value for the Price and would Recommend. 5 star..
11 comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2014
The product is excellent, very sturdy, but I did inquire about the suitability for a person of 5' 3" only to be told it was perfectly OK - WRONG!!! especially if you have hip problems (even slight), the frame is a bit high for getting ones legs over onto the pedals and that is it at the lowest level, otherwise it is a good product but would only recommend it for someone 5'5" and over, to be perfectly safe in getting off.
on 21 July 2013
This is probably my 5th exercise bike in 20 years. The normal 'cycle' (no pun intended) for me is to want to lose weight, buy bike, use for a week solid, use for two weeks sporadically, use as a clothes horse for a few months, then decide that I want to save on space so I find it a new home. This one may attain the same treatment eventually, but having had several bikes over the years, I can honestly state that it's the best so far.
The box is a tad heavy, but the packaging is long and thin so it's far easier to move about.
All the bits come with the screws attached, and although the instruction diagram is small and a bit chaotic, you really don't need them - it's common sense and construction in easy. It comes with all the tools you need too. Unpacking to full construction took 20 mins all-in which was fantastic compared to the Krypton Factor-esque assembly required by others.
The ability to 'fold' the bike means it can be neatly stored away, or if it's sitting in the corner of the living room like mine, then the foldy option feels less obtrusive than the normal big muckle bikes that you can get.
I can feel the difference in the tensions when using the bike, and the top two are a struggle. That'll be due to my lack of fitness however. I've felt puggled and sweaty when I've finished, so it's working for me so far.
The seat: awesome! Big and padded. Nowt worse that getting a fancy bike and having a numb butt after 5 minutes, so this has to be my favourite feature. Or mayble it's how quiet it is? No noisy whirring or clunking, so no turned up tellies or ear-buds to drown it out.
I haven't (and probably won't) use the distance gadget thingy yet, mainly due to me reading instead of thinking about partaking in the act of exercising, but I can see it does stuff that might be useful to reference in the future.
Even if it evolves into a clothes hanger in time, it still has all of the above going for it, and I'm pretty chuffed that people took the time to review it, otherwise I may have moved on and bought something rubbish. As someone said before: Yay!
11 comment| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2013
I was surprised at the quality of this product, A good choice if you want a budget exerciser that stows away reasonably well. Much better than friction ones, too. Computer is good and gives readouts of time, speed, distance, calories used up and pulse rate. 8 resistance settings easily adjusted whilst exercising.
on 14 February 2013
The X-Bike is pretty straightforward & quick to put together. I had it out of the box,rigged up & peddling away after about 30mins,if that.
The tension is easy to adjust. Ride position is comfy. The seat height is variable & sturdy when in place. Also importantly I found the seat comfy! :)
The palm-sensors on the forward slanting handles are great & attach to the digital readout which is clear & simple to understand. It provides lots of information on your pulse rate,kilometres covered,time you've been riding & calories burned.

On a slightly more girly note & being a 'purple freak' to find an exercise bike in something other than black,white or silver was a treat.The colour is great :) (They have a couple of other colour options available too I believe like pink or green)
Really looking forward to peddling away a few excess parts of me now and getting healthier. All this from a newly reformed self confessed exercisephobe!

Another plus point I've found is that it runs so quietly you can happily cycle away to favourite music or tv programme on the evening without any loud whirring mechanical noise to disturb you or anyone else.

This arrived quickly from the seller & although there was a little cosmetic damage to the flywheel cover which had happened in transit We R Sports have been very prompt in discussing this & happy to come to an arrangement re: partial refund as the bike still works fine so I felt no need to return it...I can still use it. Yay! :)
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2015
I bought this bike after reading most of the positive reviews. It sounded great so I didn't even bother reading the bad ones. Big mistake. I write this hoping that others don't make the same mistake.
It arrived before expected which I was thrilled about and after about an hour and a half I had put it up.
The moment I had a go, it made a knocking sound. As the pedal got to the top on the left side it will make a knocking sound... every time without fail. Clearly, after most of the reviews I read said it was quiet, I was annoyed.
I went back onto here today, read the bad reviews... and guess what... others complain of knocking sounds too. Though most I have read didn't develop the knocking sound straight away, mine did. And it seems that you will at some point. I was just unfortunate enough to get it straight away.
To be honest, because the bike is so heavy and I live overseas I can't even be bothered sending it back.
However, I am extremely irritated that it is already doing something it shouldn't be doing.
It's coming from inside the machine where the chain ETC goes... (I know nothing about bikes...) I did take the screws and the cover off for a sneaky peak inside to see if anything was sticking out that was getting hit as I pedalled but there wasn't. I have no idea what it is but it isn't going away and it won't stop. The computer system seems brill, the tensions settings seem great too but I am so disappointed.
You may think it isn't a big deal but it really is, its highly irritating and loud. I cant sit and pedal without hearing it every single time the pedal goes to the top. You can hear it in the room below where I am using it and I was hoping on using it in my family home and keeping quiet. The only way i cant hear it is if music is on full blast and that isn't very practical. Yes it was cheaper than other bikes but its £80 quid thats just been wasted.
Highly irritating. I also emailed We r Sports and all they said was that the pedals were screwed on the wrong way... (they are the right way i have double checked, and the noise is coming from INSIDE the white bit... not the pedal screw which isn't even attached. Pretty annoyed.
on 1 September 2013
I received the bike the very next day. Its well made and very sturdy. Its also silent when peddling so doesn't annoy anyone.
I chose the red one and it looks good. The price is great too! You could spend a lot more money and get less quality.
I highly recommend it and you wont be disappointed.
on 1 June 2014
The claim 'Quality Construction' is untrue!! After just 55 hours of use the tension control has gone & as it is a sealed unit & connected within the frame there is no way of effecting a repair. As I live abroad & had Amazon deliver it to me in Greece it is not now practical to return.
on 15 July 2013
Exercise bike is the business I've only had it for a few days but this bike does what it says even now i'm starting to see the benefits of using this bike, it's simple to set up, the seat at first is a little hard but after that your bum gets used to it, and their are different speed stings for you to choose all in all after reading other reviews on this bike I decides to buy it and i'm not disappointed and knowing you can excerise in the comfort of your own home is even better I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking to get fit and is fighting the flab
on 20 April 2014
The bike was delivered next day so no problem there. However there was a small cut in one of the wires to the computer which has rendered the bike inoperable. The leaflet that comes in the pack states quite clearly to contact them if there is a problem. Confidently I called and expected a resolution to be suggested. However after numerous promises of call backs (approx five times I have now called) the company have been utterly useless at resolving the problem. I am now stuck with a bike that dosn't work. We are now considering our legal options to ensure that the unit is either replaced or refunded. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY