on 7 May 2014
In We All Shine On, author Paul Du Noyer promises to reveal “the stories behind every John Lennon song” from 1970 to 1980, and that’s what he delivers – nothing more and nothing less. It’s not a particularly exciting read, but it is informative, and for serious Lennon fans then that should be enough.

I’m a huge fan of The Beatles and John was always my favourite, but I still found that I couldn’t get in to the book – reading it from cover to cover was a chore rather than a pleasure, although the insights you gain along the way make it worthwhile. For most people, it would work better as a reference book, a way to quickly find out what your favourite songs are actually about whenever the mood takes you.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2012
Well written but ultimately as flimsy as most of the songs being covered. The fact is that Lennon's solo output petered out after a promising beginning, with only Walls And Bridges and the odd track after 1971 worthy of the man at his best. A decent toilet book, though.
on 28 February 2016
An interesting & informative book, even now I still feel sad that John is with us no more, this book "shines" a light on him!!!