Have you ever been amazed by watercolor paintings that seem tospring to life before your eyes? Would you love to be able to paintwith watercolors? Now, you can. Watercolor Painting ForDummies shows you the fun and easy way to create breathtakingpaintings so beautiful you won’t believe you made themyourself.
This friendly, guide gives you hands-on instruction andeasy-to-follow, step-by-step exercises to help you master thebasics. Filled with full-color projects and sample paintings, itshows you how to work with color and texture, practice composition,and make smooth changes. You’ll find out how to select thebest tools, materials, and supplies, practice basic brush strokes,and use the three best common techniques: flat wash, graded wash,and rough texture. Discover how to:
- Select the right brushes, pigments, and paper
- Mix colors and work with white
- Create backgrounds and foregrounds
- Transfer your drawings to watercolor
- Avoid common watercolor mistakes
- Experiment with texture using salt, sponges, plastic wrap, andmore
- Find your way around the color wheel
- Practice the principles of design
- Plan compositions using thumbnails
- Work with one-point, two-point, and three-pointperspective
- Paint fabrics, shiny surfaces, and organic textures
- Paint landscapes, seascapes, animals and more
Complete with strategies for improving your painting immediatelyand marketing and selling your work, Watercolor Painting ForDummies, is the resource you need to make your creative dreamscome true.