- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
Watch Dogs - DedSec Edition (PC DVD)
- Play as Aiden Pearce, a hacker on the hunt for those who harmed his family
- Hack and take control of the city's infrastructure and use it to your advantage
- Access security cameras, download personal information, control transportation
- Interact with and confront other players in seamless multiplayer activities
- DedSec Edition features figurine, artwork, soundtrack, collectibles, and more
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PC | Edition: DedSec Edition
All it takes is the swipe of a finger. We connect with friends. We buy the latest gadgets and gear. We find out what’s happening in the world. But with that same simple swipe, we cast an increasingly expansive shadow. With each connection, we leave a digital trail that tracks our every move and milestone, our every like and dislike. And it’s not just people. Today, all major cities are networked. Urban infrastructures are monitored and controlled by complex operating systems.
Welcome to Chicago
In Watch_Dogs, this system is called the Central Operating System (CTOS) – and it controls almost every piece of the city’s technology and holds key information on all of the city’s residents.
You play as Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker and former thug, whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. Now on the hunt for those who hurt your family, you'll be able to monitor and hack all who surround you by manipulating everything connected to the city’s network. Access omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control traffic lights and public transportation to stop the enemy… and more.
Hack the city
Watch_Dogs takes place in a fully simulated living city where, using your smartphone, you have real-time control over the city’s infrastructure. Trap your enemy in a 30-car pileup by manipulating the traffic lights. Stop a train, and then board it to evade the authorities. Narrowly escape capture by quickly raising a drawbridge. Anything connected to the city’s CTOS can become your weapon.
Living in inner city Chicago where violence is best answered by violence, you have the skills to take the fight to the streets. Take down enemies by delivering devastating blows with your baton, or experience a shoot-out like never before with a physics simulation that rivals anything in the shooter category. Use a combination of shooting and hacking to gain advantage in any given situation. The streets are designed for you to create your own plan of attack.
High octane driving
Ubisoft Montreal has partnered with studios such as Ubisoft Reflections, the acclaimed studio behind the award-winning Driver series to bring you a game bursting with horsepower. Get behind the wheel of more than 65 vehicles, each with state of the art physics and handling, and explore the massive city while completing missions.
Everything is under control
Disrupt, the all-new game engine dedicated to Watch_Dogs, uses advanced processing and graphics to deliver a stunning visual and an incredibly realistic experience. Disrupt gives you the power to affect the story, the city and the life of the population with your choices creating a ripple effect throughout the city.
Seamless multiplayer experience
Discover new levels of interaction, cooperation and confrontation between players thanks to a brand new multiplayer game system that links the single and multiplayer modes into one seamless experience. That means no menus, no loading screens, just instant open world multiplayer action.
Stay connected with a new way to play
Take your experience beyond the console with a groundbreaking, real-time, companion game. This innovative mobile platform allows players to connect and compete with friends, even when away from their home console. The Watch_Dogs companion game delivers revolutionary dual-screen gameplay that enables you to play from anywhere, at any time.
Watch_Dogs DEDSEC Edition contains:
- A 23cm Aiden Pearce Figurine
- DEDSEC Collector box
- Watch_Dogs Artbook: artworks and illustrations that inspired the game
- Original soundtrack of the game
- Watch_Dogs map of Chicago
- Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs iconic characters through augmented reality
- Set of 3 exclusive badges
- 3 single payer missions: almost 60 minutes of additional gameplay
- Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe the hard drives and escape before the raid begins.
- Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission)
- INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.
- ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank
- Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person who holds the gun.
- Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon.
- Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission):
- BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLOURS OUTFIT
- BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE
- Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.
- Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission)
- VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The DedSec box is huge. It's larger than the box the Wii-U came in,
The Figure is really good, with plenty of fine detail, and the hardback art book is bigger than I expected.
The AR cards are fun, the soundtrack CD is good and the badges are also fun to have.
The Steelbook cases' illustration is better than the normal one - well I prefer the style of it anyway,
As for the game, it took nearly an hour to get onto Uplay to register the game, and once that was done, Uplay crashed. The servers were down (again) when I tried to play the game, so I had to play in offline mode. From the little I've seen, the game looks and plays well. I just need to find some time to play it. I'll add that review here .
One final problem with the DedSec edition. Where the hell am I supposed to store the box???
Okay, So here's the game review:
IF you like GTA 4, then you'll probably like this.
It's a much darker story than rockstars game, but the way it plays is quite similar.
The best thing is the detail: You can scan everyone you can see. and they all have a small piece of background data. Okay, some are repeated, but there's enough to make it interesting. The city of Chicago is nicely modelled, and the hotspots give you interesting historical notes. And not in a boring way. I loved racing under the L-trains tracks - Pity there isn't a 1070s police car to drive.
The side missions are fun. The missing person ones are a bit disturbing though. Not for what you see, but for the messages that are left behind. Hacking into systems is a fun puzzle. Not difficult, but fun (especially when there's a time limit.Read more ›
The standard box with the three install discs (yes, three; the game is that huge)
A steel case that has now spruced up my PC game shelf
3 neat badges that are very well made, including one that is an irregular shape (being a designer/engineer I know its quite difficult to make a badge in this way, and the quality they've done it to)
4 AR cards that are just awesome (you'll need the H_IDE app by Ubisoft for this; it's on iOS and Google Play) which aren't just 2D images that follow your camera (they are fully-rendered 3D models; enjoy)
a poster-size map and
of course, an Aiden figurine (which is currently aiming at a toy dog in my room; apparently Aiden doesn't like puppies).
That's not to mention the digital content you also receive by buying this, too. You get DLC cars, a new outfit, and new weaponry.
Ubisoft has really pulled out all the stops to produce a game as amazing as this, plus seeing how their games have evolved over the past few years has been sensational. This is definitely a game worth buying, especially this edition of the game, considering how little you pay.
And to those who hate on Uplay: yes I agree, it's rubbish. But hey, look on the bright side. Xbox Live, Steam, Origin and PSN were all exactly the same when they started. Uplay is still in its infancy, but it will develop.
I have to admit I was a little giddy when it arrived at my doorstep. The whole family couldn't keep their eyes off it!
The Observation game mode gives me an unusual amount of pleasure as the game connects you to someone else's game (without them knowing), and your job is to get close and observe them for a short period of time without being seen. A successful attempt will mean th other player will have no idea you were just in their game - that's what makes it so enticing for me. However, if you do get seen, then you have to escape before they kill you.
This game is worth buying for this feature alone. Then you have an entire game on top to play with.
One-button hacking might be overly simplistic, but it does give you abilities that make playing through Aiden’s story feel powerful and fun. Doing side missions and multiplayer as you make your way through the dark and lengthy story makes it feel like a huge adventure, and stealth options let you play smart if you prefer. Car chases aside, Watch Dogs is fundamentally very well made, and has more than enough unique ideas to make it a great and memorable open-world action game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent game. Only played for a few hours but look forward to many more.Published 13 months ago by MRS C M BACKHOUSE
The figurine is immensely detailed, the game was poorly optimized for PC. Another typical Ubisoft port with no time spent finishing the game. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Harry
If you like gta this game is much the same added are the hack situations .others brakin in when playing singe is somewhat annoying figurine is great as is the packagingPublished 14 months ago by Heinhuis