For evidence the author draws upon ancient texts and traditions, often preceding the common era by centuries to millennia, as well as the opinions of credentialed modern authorities. The thesis presented here also demonstrates that certain motifs and traditions found within Christianity in reality predate that faith and possibly served as a source thereof.
Table of Contents
- Was the Persian Goddess Anahita the Pre-Christian Virgin Mother of Mithra?
- The Achaemenians
- Goddess of Venus and the Moon
- Cybele and Nana
- Anahita, Immaculate Virgin and Mother of the Gods
- Mithra's Mother?
- The 'Rock-Born' and 'Mountain-Born'
- The Zoroastrian Virgin-Born Savior
- The Epic of Sasun
- The History of Vartan
- Mitra, Born of the Virgin Aditi
- Macho Mithraism