Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 June 2014
I'll own up to being a significant fan of Dan Abnett before even picking up this book. I have read a hefty share of his material (not nearly as much as there is) and I also know a bit about the history and lore of the Warhammer 40k universe. In short I knew what I was getting into.
I will not spoil any plots or give away any surprises that you cannot glean from the front cover but I had almost forgotten how both the Eisenhorn and Ravenor stories had concluded. Well not concluded exactly, more where we had last left them. Decisions were taken. Lines were crossed, and there will be consequences. Throne! There are going to be consequences.

Now I really enjoyed this book, but you, gentle reader (or possible awkward teenage metalhead reader) should really start elsewhere in the canon, if starting you indeed are. I wish I could point out the various books that will provide some of the context you would need to increase your enjoyment but this may reveal too much to the astute among you. Perhaps then we could just agree on “Eisenhorn”, “the Ravenor Trilogy” and then a smattering of “Horus Heresy” novels by Dan and also Graham McNeill.
If you, like me, know your Archons from you Zoanthropes then this book needs to be in your collection. Fear not, dive in.

The story continues. The story always continues.
on 6 October 2014
READ THE SMALL PRINT! For some unknown reason this book is in German!!
on 17 October 2015
Like they say - it's in German but it's not obvious. Very poor listing.
on 1 May 2016
It's in German?!?!?
on 17 December 2015
purchased as a christmas prezzie for other half but its in german....very disappointed!
on 16 March 2016
Where are the big letters that says "THIS IS IN GERMAN". Nothing wrong with it being in german print, but very wrong to try and hide that fact. Hope my 9 quid donation got a child fed for a day at least
on 23 October 2015
Not read it yet, still reading the ravernor omnibus for the second time but I'm sure it will be a top book
on 15 September 2014
It was In German why sell a German book on a UK site!?!? Gave it to the dog.
on 1 April 2016
It's in German do not buy
on 1 August 2015
As someone said its in German but there is nothing on the page to say that this isnt english... gutted and will be sending it back.