Dawn is about to break on a whole new style of wargame, as you coach a team of hardened Space Marines through gaming's toughest Sci-Fi universe. Although this is still a real-time strategy game, the story campaign is now focused on controlling smaller squads of highly specialised units, instead of just anonymous hordes of cannon fodder soldiers.
Watch your squad grow from inexperienced rookies to veteran warriors
| The human Space Marines take on their mortal enemies the Orks |
| Encounter the evil Tryanids for the first time in a Dawn Of War game |
| Each faction has its own totally unique vehicles and equipment |
There's no base-building or resource management, as you dictate the tactics on the ground at the speed of an action game. Each character and vehicle can be upgraded with weapons and items left by defeated enemies, adding in new role-playing elements as well.
For those looking for a more traditional approach, the multiplayer and skirmish modes add all the old features back in - giving you the best of both worlds. With stunning graphics and an authentic Warhammer 40,000 storyline this revolutionises the idea of PC strategy games for both new players and old. Key Features
About the Developer: Relic Entertainment
- Chimeric strategy: New story campaign blurs the line between strategy, action and role-playing games with faster action and all new tactical control.
- Action tactics: Faster paced action includes a new emphasis on cover, the special abilities of your force commanders and even arcade game style boss battles.
- Pincer movement: Play the story campaign on your own or with a friend online, as you both experience the exciting storyline featuring the Space Marines faction.
- Old school: Combative multiplayer has all the new features of the campaign mode, plus more traditional real-time strategy features such as base building.
- Race relations: Play as one of four authentic Warhammer 40,000 races: the human Space Marines, Orks, Eldar and, for the first time ever in a Dawn of War game, the monstrous Tyranids.
Specialising in real-time strategy games this Canadian company first rose to fame with outer space strategy classic Homeworld. Although a third game is rumoured most of their recent games have been part of either WWII series Company of Heroes or Warhammer 40,000 license Dawn of War.
Great Games and Accessories for the PC from Gamesbuyer.