Customer Discussions > The Shadow Of The Wind forum

Wanted...another great read like shadow of the wind...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Apr 2009 10:08:32 BDT
Karon. says:
Any suggestions??....

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2009 20:09:25 BDT
I loved it too - was a bit disappointed by the "next shadows of the wind" - the thirteenth tale by diane setterfield, so don't go there!! Personally I loved Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky - not a similar type of book but beautifully written - the incompleteness adds to it. In terms of the mystery-type genre, I have recently read several Wilkie Collins novels - particularly the Moonstone stands out, as does Armadale - fascinating stories, even though sometimes some of the characters can be a bit nineteenth-century-simpering but not Jane Austen levels!! Hope you find one you enjoy...
Cheers, Wendy

Posted on 1 Oct 2009 07:44:47 BDT
JW says:
The Book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark

Posted on 29 Apr 2010 09:13:59 BDT
A book in a similar-ish vein, which I also think is superior to this novel, is 'The Two Deaths of Senora Puccini', by Stephen Dobyns. I don't know how easy it would be to get your hands on it; my high school English teacher lent me his copy as it had been withdrawn from print. It is set in a conflict-beset South American city, where a group of middle-aged men are invited to a school reunion dinner at the house of their most enigmatic companion. The novel explores the friends' past and present relationships and experiences, and the intrigue surrounded the eponymous housekeeper. Really worth tracking down if you enjoyed TSOTW.

Posted on 7 Jul 2010 05:48:02 BDT
Sugunan says:
For a complex but page-turning mystery try The Quincunx by Charles Palliser. Also try Meaning of the Night by Micheal Cox.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2011 19:41:17 BDT
Florence and Giles has sold 40,000 copies in hardback in Italy where it was promoted 'If you loved Shadow of the Wind you'll love this. The resemblance is a book about books and words, forbidden reading, and the supernatural.

Posted on 10 Dec 2012 12:44:08 GMT
Miss Rose says:
Carlos Ruiz Zafon has released another few which contain the same characters- they are as compelling and as beautiful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa6d67e64)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  30 Apr 2009
Latest post:  10 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Shadow of the Wind - UNABRIDGED
Shadow of the Wind - UNABRIDGED (Audio Cassette)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (726)