on 5 August 2009
As a born and bred resident of Wallasey I was looking forward to reading this book, and while there are quite a few photographs I have not seen before, many have appeared in one of the many better publications covering the town. There are alot of irritating and obvious mistakes in the text, Victoria Street instead of Victoria Road, Breck Lane should be Breck Road, Lancaster Road instead of Avenue, the picture on page 90 is Central Park, not Vale Park as stated, and so on.I was pleased to purchase the book at a discount as I think £12.99 is a little steep, especially as many of the photo's are a bit fuzzy.
on 17 June 2013
This was a present for my husband who is kean to learn more about my home town of wallasey. Wonderful book! he has had alot of pleasure out of this gift and I have enjoyed walk him through the changes since my childhood to how things look now. It never ceases to amaze both of us just how much this book reflects what we have on our own doorstep and how much history is tide up in this small but beatiful penisula. Well worth buying, would highly recommend this book.
on 2 October 2014
excellent review of Wallasey over the years, where I was born and still live.
on 1 June 2009
This book is great especially for people who live in Wallasey - like I do. Most of the places have really changed from the pictures in this book.