HandiHikes is an innovative new range of 18 compact, waterproof hiking guides featuring 60 of the best walking routes in the Lake District. Each guide is printed on tough, durable plastic and includes:
- A carefully selected area of 1:25,000 scale Ordnance Survey® Explorer mapping data;
- A choice of 3 or 4 clearly annotated routes to suit your ability, or your mood;
- HandiHints for how to link up our routes to make your own;
- HandiLikes, including best viewpoints and our favourite places to eat or drink (very important after a day in the hills);
- Hints on navigation, if you need them;
- Practical tips for safer walking; and
- All this information on a single sheet which effortlessly folds away to fit neatly in your pocket, making it nice and easy to use on the hills.
Map 03 - Walks from Patterdale
Patterdale is one of the Lake District's best-kept secrets. It offers an excellent range of walks with magnificent views, but so far its charms have been revealed mostly just to ramblers-in-the-know. So here's a little inside information - a few of our favourite routes so you can discover the area for yourself.
Map 03 gives you a choice of the following routes:
- Route 1 - St Sunday Crag, 8.5 miles, 5 - 6 hours, Moderate
- Route 2 - Fairfield, 9.5 miles, 5 - 6 hours, Difficult
- Route 3 - Dove Crag & Hart Crag, 8 miles, 4 - 5 hours, Moderate