Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.96

on 18 September 2007
This book gives a good overall flavour of what makes Icelander's tick. Although primarily focused upon modern music in Iceland, the author takes this base to explore the historical and modern underpinnings of what it means to be Icelandic overall. As a result the author manages to capture various Icelandic idiosyncracies accurately and, sometimes, humourously. The author also gives good, but not in-your-face tips for any new or seasoned Icelandic tourist to visit, though it should be emphasised this is not a tourist guide. The book was more special to me given that the author was there during my second of many visits to Reykjavik, which brought back many fun memories (about half-way through he references Scotland fans that were there for a Euro 2004 qualifying match). I am sure anyone who has visited Iceland would enjoy this book. Highly recommended.
on 9 June 2010
I bought this book before visiting Iceland for the first time. I found it informative and interesting with reference to the music scene and local bars etc., although since it was written some places have closed. It is well written and gives an insight to the Icelandic culture.
on 1 November 2013
I enjoyed reading about Iceland and Airwaves before actually coming for the first time. Gave me an insight into the culture and what to expect.
on 23 June 2014
an amusing travel guide that makes you want to go there, no better praise. I loved it a lot .