on 30 March 2013
When I bought this item, the price was only slightly more than buying the Wahoo Fitness Key for iPhone on its own so I went for it as I needed an ant+ compatible belt as well.

However I had no end of trouble with the belt; yes, it's comfortable, but false spikes (up to 300% of my max heart rate) or readings of 0 were almost constant and very annoying. Further research indicates that some people have a problem with the soft type of heart rate belt (which this pack comes with) due to insufficient connectivity between the belt and the user. I am obviously one of those people! I tried using water and gel to solve this but to no avail.

I now use the ant+ key that came in this pack with a Garmin Heart Rate Monitor For the Forerunner 50/405 which I have had no problems with. I don't mind this but would if I had paid the current price for the pack which is substantially more than buying the key on its own.

The ant+ key works well with wahoo's own app (as you'd expect) but also with endomondo and digifit apps. Connectivity with the belt is excellent and I have no problems maintaining the signal within a 10 foot distance of the iPhone.

If I were to purchase again I'd buy the key on its own and a separate 'old school' ant+ belt - not as comfortable, but (for me at least) more reliable.
on 1 April 2014
Was really pleased with this heart monitor. The sensor clips into the data port & links with the heart monitor belt provided. You need to download the Wahoo app so your phone will pick up the monitor.
The only thing to be aware of is that you can't charge your device while you are using the heart monitor.
I've found the readings to be accurate with no drop-out & it syncs with Myfitnesspal perfectly.
Very happy with it
on 7 September 2013
Really pleased with this heart rate monitor - works perfectly with my ancient iPhone 4. Also works perfectly with my running app Endomondo. So all in all, very happy with my purchase.
on 28 July 2015
I purchases this to connect my Mio Fuse band to my iphone 4. The Wahoo Ant+ Key let's me connect the Fuse to various apps but not the Fuse app. This isn't Wahoo's fault but Mio's as the app wrongly states it uses Ant+ (technical support from Mio confirmed that their product was misadvertised).

Not used the cheststrap.

4* not 5* as it is a bit bulky when sticking out the bottom of the phone and probably will prevent people from having it strapped into an arm band and having headphones in at the same time.
on 16 June 2013
Easy to wear (almost don't feel it when it is on), integrates smoothly with RunKeeper on iPhone 4 (didn't need to soft that came with it).
on 21 February 2013
I've used this a few times, now - it works well with the Endomondo App on my iPhone 3Gs (and others, I'm sure - but I've only used this one). My only criticism is that I sometimes have to remove and replace the ANT+ attachment to the iPhone as it 'switches off' e.g. if I come out of Endomondo (thefree version) to do something else and lave it running in the background.
on 12 March 2014
I use this with an iPhone 4S and generally it works well. Sometimes the Cyclemeter app doesn't pick up on the signal, but this is the fault of the app. Works faultlessly with Strava. Can cause the battery to drop to 25% in 2 hrs, so would have an impact on longer rides. I have since read that bluetooth HRM are easier on battery life and don't need an adapter.
on 20 August 2013
Useful tool for tracking heart rate and effectiveness of fitness training. Apps that go with it allow you to change whichever sport you are taking part in. Range is good if you're playing a sport you can't really carry the phone at. Eg tennis
on 3 September 2013
This is the first time I have used a heart rate monitor - and boy is it compulsive. I run a lot and use Runmeter to track run times, speeds, etc. Now I can add heart rate monitoring. Runmeter automatically incorporates the output from the Wahoo heart rate monitor into the data it provides me on each run - I can see whether I am training hard, too hard or taking it easy - and at which points on my run. Great feedback for optimising performance. Pretty geeky I know, but a fascinating tool. Additionally there is, I have discovered, another whole range of performance and fitness analysis called Heart Rate Variability (HRV). I wont go into the explanation here, but essentially the irregularity of heart rate is a great predictor of your condition and an indicator of how hard you should push on any given day. The Wahoo fitness chest strap and Ant+ have performed perfectly. Very reliable so far and great dta quality. I have been using it for a few months now with no problems at all. It works consistently and has so far never let me down. So a great product
on 14 March 2013
I am really pleased with this kit. I have an iPhone 4 so the Bluetooth devices won't work. But this kit is brilliant, and it works seamlessly with the Runmeter app I use on my phone. Now I get in-run announcements on my heart rate, plus great pos-run web analysis of my heart rate during the run. I wouldn't be without it. Well done Wahoo!

See one answered question