I bought this because I wanted a graphics tablet (having never had one before) but I didn't want to spend too much. I expected it to be okay, I didn't expect it to be fantastic because it's cheaper than a lot of other graphics tablets. I was shocked - it is absolutely fantastic - couldn't be better in my opinion. I don't have much to compare against because I've never had one before, but I can't imagine it being any better, it works perfectly and is very accurate. The only thing that I can think of as to why you shouldn't buy this one is the size - you can buy tablets with bigger surface sizes - but to be honest, for me (and most people I expect) the size is plenty big enough.
So, I could end my review there but there are a couple of other points I want to make:
1. I am using it on Windows Vista (don't know if that's helpful to anyone but I thought I'd mention it in case you are wondering about compatibility).
2. I sometimes use it as a mouse because it is easy to use for that purpose.
3. I use the included art software when I just want to have a bit of fun and a laugh by making a picture - you can choose paints, crayons, stencils, etc.
4. I use it with Photoshop CS4 when I want to do some more serious work - and it works perfectly.
5. When I first installed it I didn't bother installing the drivers that come on the disc because Vista automatically installed some. However, it did not work well with Vista's drivers, the cursor jumped, did not move smoothly, and did not appear in relation to where I clicked on the tablet. So, I installed Wacom's drivers which came on the disc included. My PC told me I needed to restart to finish installing drivers - after restart it worked perfectly. Cursor didn't jump, moved smoothly and appeared on the screen in relation to where I clicked on the tablet.
6. The box - okay so it doesn't really matter what the box it comes in is like as long as it does the job, but I'll mention it anyway. It's beautiful, simple as.
7. You don't actually have to touch the tablet with the pen to move the cursor on screen - you can just hover the pen above it. Touch the tablet with the pen click (as thought you are left clicking with a mouse).
8. There's a light on the tablet which is orange, and goes green when you tap the pen on the tablet to do a click.
9. The pen is really light and battery free - which I think is good.
10. It doesn't need to be plugged in to the mains, just into USB.
So, those points are things I think you will find useful to know before purchasing.
An amazing graphics tablet at an amazing price. I can't recommend it enough. It's the first tablet I have ever had, and it's better than I ever could have expected. Don't hesitate to buy it, unless you really want one with a bigger surface.
Thanks for reading this review, I hope you found it useful - please click on yes next to 'Was this review helpful to you?' if you did.