- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
WWE: WCW's Greatest PPV Matches - Volume 1 [Blu-ray]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Starrcade! Halloween Havoc! The Great American Bash! Road Wild! For the first time ever, collect all the greatest pay-per-view matches and moments from the rich history of World Championship Wrestling. During the 1990 s, WCW showcased numerous legends of sports entertainment, producing an annual slate of wildly successful pay-per-view events. From Ric Flair s championship clashes with the enigmatic Sting, to n.W.o running roughshod over the promotion, early thrillers between legends Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, and brawls amidst a sea of Harleys at Strugis, The Place Where the Big Boys Play brought the prime time audience to their feet. In this 3-disc DVD/2-disc blu-ray set, relive these historic years and celebrate WWE s greatest rival in sports entertainment.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Some might complain about certain matches not being part of this collection, but as it is labelled Volume 1, it's obvious WWE are planning to release more in this series if this one is a success. However, the matches that this collection provides us are terrific, featuring some classics including Ric Flair vs. Sting from Great American Bash 1990, Sting's Squadron vs. The Dangerous Alliance in a War Games match from WrestleWar 1992, Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair from Halloween Havoc 1994, The Outsiders vs. Sting, Macho Man Randy Savage and Lex Luger from Bash at the Beach 1996 and Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio in a Title vs. Mask match from Halloween 1997.
If you were a long time WCW fan, a casual WCW fan, or have never watched WCW but want to see what WCW was truly all about, this is definitely worth the purchase and will get you pumped for any future releases.
These are deffo not the 'greatest' PPV matches, some are, some aren't. What boils my blood, is how WWE have displayed Hogan as the poster boy for the cover, and the matches with him should of been fewer. For those that don't know, Hogan entered the WCW in the mid 90s, thanks to Flair, who was on the committee. However, Hogan soon crept right up the new owners back side and started to mess things up and create tensions between everybody. He always thought he was bigger than the business, and disregarded the efforts and knowledge of others like Flair, in favour of him stealing the show. And lets face it, he was a limited wrestler. This made for lowsy matches, not the 60 minute classics that most of the old guard of wcw/awa were capable of. The chaos that surrounded this time, made for great ratings, but the attitude era of the WWF soon caught up, and swallowed what was left of WCW. Again its not a bad package, but in disgust ive reversed my cover so I don't have to look at hogans stupid face. lets hope volume 2, does it more justice.