Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.15

It is no secret that I love Wool and the incredible fan fiction that Hugh Howey's book has inspired, it really has added to my enjoyment of the WOOLiverse.

Wool really was one of these books that once I read it I really wanted to open it up again and soak it all up but one thing I needed was to know what happened in the other silos.

Brought to my attention by WJ Davies, WOOL Gathering is a collection of stories written by authors who have all penned stand alone novels/series in the WOOLiverse, some I have read and loved, some I have yet to read and cant wait to do so.

They have teamed up to write this anthology to raise money for the NaNoWriMo young writers fund.

This book contains nine stories, some are set at the beginning, some in the middle and one seems to be at the end (I could be wrong!)

The stories are as follows:
The Last Republican - Ann Christy
Climb - Carol Davies
Battle of Bones - Fred Shernoff
The Sheriff's Son - Will Swardstrom
Evelyn's Locket - David Adams
These are great tales which show that even though they are confined to the silo, people are still people, they can be loving, they can be hopeful, they still want to carry on their lives but they can also be scared, cruel and just plain bad.

I always think how I would cope living in a silo, the whole being underground, deep underground does not appeal to me but it is the lesser of two evils - deep down or dead outside.

This book really is brilliant but my one complaint is some of stories got me thinking even more, they left me with more questions!! However its not really a complaint!

It is a worthy companion to Hugh Howey's original story and I would highly recommend it to any fan of Wool or the Dystopian/Sci Fi genre (or even ones who aren't!)

I think the WOOLiverse will spawn many many more tales from the silos and that pleases me some what!

One thing I would like to hear more about is what happened after the end of Shift, I would like to discover what happened to the people who came outside and how they got on, did they survive?

Go and download this book, you want be disappointed and you will also be helping a worthy cause.
on 5 December 2014
Some really good stories although those that are part stories or first issues of a series very frustrating. Will go on and purchase more parts of one or two though. Obviously the point re the authors.
on 11 August 2014
If you are a fan of "SILO" books you will love this book. It is a feast of short stories by different authors exploring different scenarios within the same setting.
on 15 December 2014
As with any mix of authors, some were better than others. Some I would have liked to be longer, more rounded; others I speed read. On the whole an enjoyable read.
on 9 June 2014
I love all the wool books. This one is a compilation from various writers. This has led to a new list of writers for me.
on 7 January 2015
not bad at all.. interesting to see all the different styles
Great book :)