on 8 March 2013
Fantastic product for the price. Works magic in the car. Good sound through my samsung s3. Would definately recommend product.
on 4 February 2013
Connects apple ipad to my bose docking station. Brilliant. Bought one for my son as he has new iphone. So cheap to do this way.
on 12 April 2013
Bought this to use in my car with my iPhone works perfectly and with the retractable lead there's not a huge heap of unnecessary spaghetti lead couldn't ask for any more from it!
on 7 January 2015
Works well, the wire seems a little flimsy but has held strong so far with regular use. The retractable cable is a very neat idea for the car where you don't want the wire trailing everywhere when not in use. I only wish I'd bought a longer one, this one is just a little too short for comfort.
on 30 May 2014
Promised myself would never buy electrical items from China/Hong Kong again, didn't notice this was from far east, delivery date should have given it away. Go to Curry's/Richer Sounds etc, spend a few more quid and get something decent. Feels like a toy.
on 15 January 2016
I got this product for my new car as it suits the colour (Black). It is an extremely neat product as it's small in size (Just what i wanted) meaning it's less noticeable. I personally use it for connecting my phone to my car (aux) and playing music or it allows for me to receive a phone call through my car audio. The product (I've got two) has never broken before. I got my friend one and then thought I would buy a spare. It works by plugging it in and then gently pulling the other end until desired length (5 inches or 2.5ft). Once you're done slightly pull it towards you and it will retract back into the normal shape!! absolutely love it. However, the only disadvantage is that you cannot buy a longer retractable one so that your passengers in the back seat can use it.
on 28 February 2014
I bought this to run my phone's MP3 player through the auxiliary input on my car stereo. Unfortunately, the connection wasn't firm enough and I could only get one channel through the speakers (handy for karaoke if the vocals are on the channel you can't hear but not good if you want a decent listening experience).

By putting a little pressure on the jack connected to the aux-in on my car (and I tried both jacks) it is possible to achieve stereo but, obviously, this is impractical when driving!

So, this is cheap enough and the retractable element would make it a pretty nifty piece of kit - if only it did what it was supposed to do.

I now use a different lead and jack set-up which cost under three pounds and which works perfectly.
on 4 March 2013
When my daughter upgraded from an iPod to an iPad mini, she was no longer able to use her dock/speaker to listen to music as Apple have changed their connector types and don't provide any converters. This little cable allows her to connect her iPad mini headphone socket to the audio input socket of the speaker, so she can now listen to music again through her speaker. It won't charge the iPad obviously (have to do that separately using its own charger), but a cable to allow simultaneous charging and audio through the dock costs a ridiculous amount (like 30 pounds - for a cable!!!). So this little audio lead provides an affordable and workable solution. The retractable cable keeps things neat, and so far it works well.
on 11 December 2015
I have bought this particular one a 2nd time for someone else as a gift, so I am reviewing this from my own experience of mine. This is a great little item and just what I need for my car. Its a clever design as it lengthens and can hold if you need the lead longer and as (of course) it retracts, it means my little ipod shuffle isn't dangling around my feet in the car, very handy as the previous lead I had didnt have that function so I had to hold it in a loop with a sandwich bag tie. Its transfer to the stereo is adequate enough for what I need, I'm no sound designer but I don't like my music sounding hollow or tinny either and the quality to the speakers is fine.
on 8 December 2013
This is a great product. The retractable function saves pesky wires getting wrapped round your seat belt clips, your gear stick, or handbrake or all 3!!! It does feel quite flimsy but so far it has worked well.
I have dropped my review a star as the company were very slow at sending it, I had to chase them twice after the delivery date had expired, there was no customer service, just blamed the postal system for the delay. It took 7 weeks to arrive. If I were buying again I would defanately pay a couple of quid extra to get it from the UK.