WILL THIS REMASTER EVER BE RELEASED ???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Jul 2007 12:33:25 BDT
S. L. Bayes says:
REVIEWS FOR THIS FIRST STARTED APPEARING IN MAGS LIKE UNCUT, MOJO ETC. BACK IN FEBRUARY !! THEN IT STARTED APPEARING IN THE MAIN MAIL ORDER LISTS A FEW WEEKS LATER. EVERY TIME THE RELEASE DATE HAD BEEN INCHED BACK FURTHER AND FURTHER. NOW I SEE ITS SHOWING AN AUGUST RELEASE DATE. THIS SORT OF DILLY DALLYING CAN ONLY AFFECT A RECORD'S SALES IN A DETRIMENTAL WAY. IS IT REALLY LIKELY IT WILL EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ??

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2007 11:46:01 BDT
Ben Koerner says:
Couldn't agree more! They've taken forever. Meanwhile, the David Ackles box set which Rhino was preparing appears to have been scrapped completely.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2007 16:58:28 BDT
S. L. Bayes says:
Yes you're right. Again, copies of it were obviously sent out to all the major music magazines, to almost universal aclaim, and then the bloody thing disappears of the radar.Do these people really know what they're doing!! Actually, all the Elektra singer/songwriters get short shrift in the re-issues market. You wouldn't know Tom Paxton had ever issued any albums beyond those first couple of folk ones, of course the later ones were far superior, but that doesn't seem to count for much. And a decent Tim Buckley re-issue programme is apparently a complete no goer. It's madness,really.
Steve Bayes.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2007 22:19:44 GMT
Carl Oldby says:
I don't think the mags you mention ever got the remastered copies of this masterpiece. Just a CD-r of what may very well have been the original album on CD and then the writers all try to be so hip and so ahead of everyone else that it just becomes a joke. I'm sure 'The Circle Game' will reach our inner ears in a more refined form. Just like Lulu's Atco recordings did, Rhino did a similar hesitation job on that one.
Meanwhile, follow my example and get the japanese remasters of Rush's first three Columbia albums. It's a very nice way of working yourself towards 'The Circle Game'... Trust me.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2008 11:21:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jan 2008 11:22:51 GMT
Ben Koerner says:
The Ackles CD was scrapped because Janice (his wife) wouldn't allow its release - a bloody shame, and plain foolish really given that his work has had few comparable opportunities in 35 years. It wasn't Rhino's fault. As for the Tom Rush reissue, I doubt it will ever appear - hang on to your vinyl copy!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Feb 2008 01:11:19 GMT
its now listed as Temporarily out of stock...has it actually been released at long last!

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2008 20:41:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2008 23:35:47 BDT
Ben Koerner says:
The most recent issue of UNCUT magazine actually reviewed "The Circle Game" and showed a small picture of the CD in which the cover artwork has been slightly changed (the title has been enlarged and appears as a "watermark" at lower centre instead of floating at upper left). This gives me hope that it's finally happening ...

(May 3) Amazon.com (the American website) now has a tracklist and mp3s of each track. Apart from something called "Coda" there's no new material, just different versions of Urge for Going, Circle Game and Something in the Way She Moves. But obviously it's finally happening ...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2008 01:03:19 BDT
only available as a digital download and the extras dont add up to much....Somethig in the way..single version....Urge for going...edited single version...and an alternate first take of Circle Game
The track titled Coda is the short orchestral piece that opened and closed the original lp...lot of fuss over nowt

Jim

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2008 00:40:12 BDT
RGB says:
It's happened! After reading this discussion, I took a chance on the offering from ActionRecords, and it arrived today - it's the genuine Rhino article as described in the discussions. Hooray!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  5 Jul 2007
Latest post:  26 Jun 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Circle Game
Circle Game by Tom Rush (Audio CD - 1999)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (9)