on 4 February 2014
I enjoyed the first part of the book, and learning more about the protagonist and the various random people he met along the way.

However in the second half there seemed to be more discourse on the philosophical and societal views (I assume) of the author which I was fine with except that the story seemed to stall and (without wanting to give away the ending) all the setup in the earlier part of the book seemed to be wasted.

I know this book is the lead-in to a bigger series, which I haven't read, so there was obviously an end point the author needed to get to. I'm just not sure it was the right ending for this particular story.

However the writing itself and characterisation are good (5*), and the author is obviously very well-read; it's the plot - specifically the ending - that let this down in my opinion.

I'll try another of Mr Bunker's books as the writing was good enough to give him another try. I just won't re-read this one.
on 29 December 2012
As it says on the front cover Wick is a work of fiction, but it is a work of fiction which has within it the thread of truth which many people know about but can't yet define. This short story touches on the question that many people have about the society that we live in today. What will happen to it and "Why," it is the way it is today. A good read that may open doors to a different view of how life is in the 21st century.
on 9 July 2014
With the state of world governments today, this book makes you reflect on everything. Are we being told the truth? I'm not generally into conspiracy theories but..............
on 27 September 2014
First micheal bunker I have read,it won't be the last brilliant story this could be real ,it could happen that's how good it is
on 21 April 2013
A little different from the usual type of book in this genre, the characters are fallible, ill prepared and in-experienced which makes for a far more credible read. Give it a try, it's a short story but well worth the money, especially for the kindle edition.
on 30 November 2013
Spoiler alert.

Pages and pages just getting out of New York. A pointless encounter with a family and then the main character dies. I won't be reading any of the other books in the series. One star because you can't give zero.
on 2 February 2014
Cracking book, kept me hooked the entire way through, a different style of apocalyptic novel in its early stages of the pending social collapse.
on 19 June 2014
A great read. Love the conspiracy theory. Definitely recommend this book. Would make a great film. Looking forward to Wick 2.
on 1 April 2013
nice book, really kept me half a night awake. I am not a big fan of c ok nsporacy theories, but this one is edible.
on 18 June 2013
Did not understand a lot of the story and struggled, right th o the end, to get into it. Random