on 8 June 2000
I bought this book almost twenty years ago for my daughter. It does tend to suggest that sex is done purely for the sake of having children and focuses on mum and dad but, if you overlook that, it was a wonderful book, very funny. Not only did my daughter learn from it, half the kids in the neighbourhood did too when they read it while visiting her. It presents sex in such easy to handle and fun way that my daughter used to get me to read it as her bedtime story quite regularly. It's the ideal book to ensure that your child doesn't grow up in ignorance with the inevitable myths that circulate when you are young, often causing wrong decisions and awkward moments.
on 26 April 1999
A great book for when your child askes about themselfs. You can read this book with your child or simply give it to them to read themselfs as it is very easily read. The book holds no bounds and tells it as it is. With great comical pictures it is a must for all parents and young children.
on 22 May 2006
My mum and I read this together when I was 7 years old (now 29)! It has stayed with me all these years and I'm going to get it for my daughter so she can learn about the facts of life with laughter and fun!
on 4 May 2007
This was the book given to me by my mum, in the 80's when I was 9. I remember it with fondness and recall that it covered all the questions I had at the time; it also had quite sweet pictures to accompany the information which didn't gross me out as much as photos may have done.

However, I am aware that some points may seem a little dated: for example, it suggests the parents are married when a baby is conceived.

All in all an informative book that seemed age-appropriate for myself -and later on, my sister.
on 25 August 2012
Bought this book over 30 years ago for my own children.
It continues to be one of the best on the market, so now using
For my grandchildren.
on 2 July 2008
I have never written a review before but I have to correct the above reviewer. At NO point does marriage come into this book. There is an underlying impression that the mother and father have a relationship at the time of conception, but no more than that. My 6 and 8 year olds love this book and have had it on the bookshelf for the last year or so. I adore the fact the the father has a beerbelly and the the mother is no Kate Moss. It beautifully describes all the postitives in reproduction; feeling loving, orgasm, birth etc. but doesn't touch on abortion or STD's. It is just right for the stage they are at. Recommended.
on 17 March 2010
What a fantastic book. Just what I was looking for for my daughter. All the facts about how you're made by mum and dad without going into periods, contraception, gay sex, maturbation and STIs etc. all of which can come later. Every other book that I have looked at covers everything (too much information!).
on 26 February 2012
Such a straight forward way to tell kids about the 'birds and the bees'. I read through this book with my kids answering any questions they had as we went along. It is a great factual overview that leaves nothing out but which allows for a bit of humour. I also love the illustrations; they show what needs to be shown but are not in any way 'gross' as my kids would say!!
on 18 April 2011
Just purchased this book for my 10 year old son who has Asperger's Syndrome. It contains more information than the simple picture books for very young children, but isn't too complicated for children who are developmentally behind their peers. The illustrations are very humourous and the reference to married couples has been removed. My only criticism is that it does not show any internal diagrams of the male and female reproductive organs for eg the fallopian tubes and womb etc. Apart from this it is a very clear and user friendly book and well worth purchasing.
on 14 November 2014
A really clear book, yes a few cring moments when sh read some bits but well name a time with this subject u don't cring, haha. It has good pictures and clear information not to much but enough.