- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Faber & Faber; Main edition (4 Mar. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 057122296X
- ISBN-13: 978-0571222964
- Product Dimensions: 11.9 x 1.1 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 398,190 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
W. B. Yeats: Poems Selected by Seamus Heaney (Poet to Poet: An Essential Choice of Classic Verse) Paperback – 4 Mar 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
W. B. Yeats (1865-1939) was born in Dublin and was educated in Ireland and England. He was instrumental in the development of a national Irish theatre - and in particular the founding of the Abbey Theatre. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1923.
Seamus Heaney was born in County Derry in Northern Ireland. Death of a Naturalist, his first collection of poems, appeared in 1966, and was followed by poetry, criticism and translations which established him as the leading poet of his generation. In 1995 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature, and twice won the Whitbread Book of the Year, for The Spirit Level (1996) and Beowulf (1999). Stepping Stones, a book of interviews conducted by Dennis O'Driscoll, appeared in 2008; Human Chain, his last volume of poems, was awarded the 2010 Forward Prize for Best Collection. He died in 2013.