on 16 October 2011
This camera is excellent and absolutely ideal for a younger child because of it's handling size and durability. I would thoroughly recommend this for a birthday or Christmas present for a child 4 years and upwards.
on 17 November 2011
Please Click below if you found this review helpful!
----------
We bought the blue equivalent camera for our 5 year son. His sister has one of the much earlier models.

Initial views
- The Camera grabs their attention straight away. It has some very simple to use buttons which take no time to navigate.
- It really is a point and click which meant that straight away he was taking pictures
- Batteries are included, so we avoided the usual panic-scramble while we tried to get it working

Durability
- The camera has been dropped MANY times, but you'd never know. The rubber handles and edges protect all the delicate bits
- Screen has somehow avoided scratches and a brief wipe with a cloth brings it back to life

Features
- Videos are really fun. My children have recorded several shows/performances with relative ease
- It comes with games which keep them relatively amused. They obviously don't compare to something like a DS etc, but since we're too mean to buy our children one of these, the camera games are going down quite well! ;)
- The robot voice changer gets as much use as the camera now. Tends to get a little annoying for the adults tho....
- Memory space is huge. We've had it a while now and only `archived' off once.
- Batteries last surprising long. The 4 are stored in the grips to the side and only need changing once every 2 weeks, and that's through heavy use and rechargeable batteries.
- Adding backgrounds is very good. It's slightly more complicated, but my son gets a lot of enjoyment out of turning Daddy into a pirate etc. You have the ability to add elements at a time. Eg moustache, eye-patch, etc.

Quality
- You can't really fault the camera considering most of the piccies are taken while moving or whilst being dropped.
- The screen is very clear and you get a very good view of the photos taken

All-in-all, we think this was an excellent purchase and don't regret it at all.
66 comments|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2012
WE BOUGHT THIS V-TECH CAMERA FOR OUR 3YEAR OLD GRAND-DAUGHTER(IN THE PINK)AT CHRISTMAS, AND SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY THRILLED WITH IT.SHE HAS ONLY JUST TURNED 3 AND GOT USED TO IT STRAIGHT AWAY.HER DADDY IS INTO PHOTOGRAPHY AND HE WAS JUST AS PLEASED AND VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS CAMERA AND THE MANY FUNCTIONS OF IT.
SHE HAS TAKEN SOME LOVELY PHOTOS AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYS PLAYING WITH IT.I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT,AND IT IS VERY STURDY FOR LITTLE ONES.WELL WORTH THE MONEY.
on 27 September 2011
Bought this for my 4 year old daughter and she loves it. As with most kids cameras the quality of the photos are not up to a standard camera's standard, but I would imagine that this does not bother the average toddler in the slightest. They are more interrested in taking photos and editing it in one of the many fun ways than they are in printing it out. My daughter also loves the voice altering microphone and the built in games. The product is sturdy, easy to use, good value for money and I know my kids finds playing with it lots of fun. I would recommend it to anybody.
on 1 September 2011
This camera is versatile and great fun for children. They love the way they are in control of what photos they take, of and how many. The fun they have with the funny frames and gmes is brilliant. Im so pleased with this and is well worth the money. I would definately recommend this to friends.
on 28 March 2013
Having read a number of reviews before purchasing this item, I knew exactly what to expect beforehand. The camera is sturdy and robust, yet super easy to use, making it a perfect first camera for a small child. We bought it as a 'new big sister' gift for our almost 3 year old, and had it all set up and ready for her to use when she first got it. Other than giving her simple 'point and press' instructions, we have spent no other time showing her how to use it, and yet she not only takes lovely/funny photos of everyone and everything but has also mastered how to add funny borders and faces to the photos and how to play some of the games - that's how straight forward it is. Our niece (10) and nephews (8,7 and 5) all love using and playing with the camera when they are round, so it does appeal to older children, and is also baby proof (our youngest has dropped it a number of times!). 18 months on and it is still a hit with our daughter. Highly recommend.
on 5 January 2012
Got these for our kids for Xmas (aged 4 and a half and 6) and they both just love them. They have been entertained making videos, taking pictures and doing weird things with their voices with the voice thingy bit. They are really easy to use, we didn't really need any instructions. They are really durable as have already been dropped a few times and no harm done. We did buy memory cards to go with them so they could get plenty of stuff on there and they've really enjoyed plugging them into the tv and seeing their pics and videos on the big screen. THe only downside for me is the games - my son wanted a DS for xmas and we were determined to avoid that as long as poss - so he was delighted to have some games on there but that is me being bah humbug parent who still dreams that kids should be out playing with mud, sticks and conkers... hey ho.
Overall this is a great product and I'd recommend it as a toy that will keep on entertaining.
on 3 May 2012
Purchased for my nearly 4 year old niece. The camera kept her interested for a little while but not very long.. maybe she's a bit too young. The quality of the pics is poor/very poor but then again, it's a toy (bear this in mind). The product seems very durable though. She wasn't really able to use the other options (games etc) by herself although she did enjoy using the video recording option the most. Love the idea of introducing photography to little ones but not 100% sure about this camera to be honest.. for my son, I waited until he was 5 and actually purchased a simple point and shoot 'real' digital camera which wasn't that much more expensive than the Vtech one and he had hours and hours of educational fun using it. He is now 8 and a keen little photographer.. but maybe it's because he was a little older than my niece.
on 23 September 2011
Recently bought this for my 6 year olds birthday and she loves it. There are a few games on the camera which has kept her happy along with the ability to move the lense so that you can take pictures for any angle. The picture quality is not fantastic and we have not yet tried to download onto the PC or TV but she loves the fact that she can click away and put frames and makes funny faces out of us. All in all a good purchase ;-)
on 18 September 2012
This child's camera was bought as a present for my granddaughter's fifth birthday. The product appears robust and the controls are intuitive and easy for small hands and fingers. In the first hours after opening the present she took over 300 photos and video clips, only stopping when the memory card was full! Since the first day she has become more discriminating and has been learning how to download her pictures onto her daddy's computer and using the supplied software to manipulate the images, to hilarious effect! The only problem has been the limited battery life. In order to avoid having to spend huge sums on batteries to support her photography her parents have invested in rechargeable batteries and a charger. I would thoroughly recommend this as a first digital camera for a young child.