Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 31 October 2007
There was some trepidation on buying this book. Having previously read Shaun Jeffreys excellent novel Evilution, there was some felling of can he live up to my expectaions.

And he delivered in spades, this is a fantastic collection of spooky, eerie and disturbing stories. Short fiction and in particular horror short fiction can be hard to pull off. This collection shows an expert at work.

I enjoyed this book so much that I even missed a nights sleep between work shifts. I just couldn't put it down.

In a fair world Shaun would be known to a much wider audience, buy the book and spread the word.
on 13 June 2014
I'm a fan of short stories and I've read a couple of the author's other books and enjoyed those so this seemed a safe bet. The books of his that I've read where murder investigations and very well done, this collection is more firmly in the horror camp with a dash of the unusual for good measure.

The usual problem with short story collections is variable quality, that is true to an extent here but even the weakest story here was worth a read. The book has two clear strengths, the first and for me the most important was the imagination of the stories. At first glance a few seemed to follow familiar horror themes, but as they developed a fresh angle was revealed. I appreciate being surprised in a story.

The other positive was the quality of the writing, it's a joy to read the stories. It reads a little rougher than the other books of his that I've read, but not so much that it detracts, it's just an observation. The stories are all quick reads, although in a few cases I would have happily read more about the idea. Those minor issues aside this is an excellent collection of short stories and one I'd recommend to any fans of the genre.
on 24 January 2012
This is a great collection of short stories full stop. OK, I am biased because I am a fan of Shaun's works, but actually I am not a real lover of short stories. Too often, they just leave me with a feeling of disappointment that somehow they're not "complete". Don't get me wrong, these are too short too! But they're not stories that are just a question of "read story -> move on to the next". The way they end usually works really well, there's no forgetting them as soon as you start the next, they just bug you. Well they did to me anyway !

I really love the mixture I found in there, from blood and guts, to complete weirdness which just seems to come out of nowhere in a seemingly "normal" story ! As usual Shaun's writing calls for a reaction in the reader, and this time, no screaming in the middle of the night for me, but I did end up choking on my lunch and saying, and I won't say much or I'll spoil, "AN EGG ??? What the heck !!??"

So yeah. Loved it. Now-I-Want-Some-More !
on 18 August 2008
Voyeurs Of Death is a roller-coaster ride into the twisted mind of Shaun Jeffrey, an author unfortunately under-rated too much in the horror genre. A quick read, Voyeurs of Death contains fifteen short stories that will not only make you afraid to turn out the lights, but they'll also make you think. These are not stories simply about monsters and splatter, but tales that take the ordinary world in which we live and twist it beyond our zone of sanctuary - yet the believability remains horrifyingly real.

These are well-crafted stories that manage to hold the readers attention all the way to the end. Some are stronger than others, some are better written than others, yet all of them display a talent in full flow, a name that needs to be taken seriously in the world of horror writers.

All-in-all Voyeurs of Death is a must read for those horror fans who like authors on the rise.
on 1 April 2008
This is a superbly varied collection of short stories. It is also surprisingly realistic, grounded in everyday life - but an everyday life that can veer so quickly into a nightmare. Shaun Jeffrey's prose style is always highly readable - and amazingly evocative. His characters are totally believable - so much so that you really care what happens to them. No cardboard cut outs these! I highly recommend this collection, which I enjoyed reading immensely. And I look forward to seeing any further collections that appear from this talented writer.
on 7 May 2014
I've read and thoroughly enjoyed other of Jeffery's works. Being a fan of short stories, this is my favourite of his offerings.
I'd love to see more short stories by this author.
on 2 July 2008
As an occasional reader of horror I found this to be a worthwhile collection of tales that left a feeling of - hmmm that's good. Definitely not just for the hardened addict.