I've been after a phone for my Mac, and after looking around the net, and not getting very far in ascertaining as to whether this would work on my system, I decided to take the plunge.
The device really is plug and play - no drivers are required (which is good, as there aren't any for Mac!). However, the lack of drivers does cause an issue or two:
- To call people you have to use the Skype GUI, as the numbers on the phone don't work on a Mac
- You can't use the phone to move up and down through your contacts list GUI (you have to use the mouse pointer)
- The Skype button doesn't do anything
Those are the negative points, but apart from that everything works. Making and receiving calls is easy (you have to use the GUI on screen, though) and audio quality is superb. The package also includes a mammoth 1.8 metre long USB cable to connect your computer to the phone. This is great.
The extras in the box are also impressive. It comes with:
- a soft bag to store your phone in, and
- A really nice plastic clam-shell case to store your phone and USB cable in.
So, although this doesn't have Mac drivers, and so misses out on a few functions -it's more than capable, and well worth Mac users spending their pennies on.