- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: New Riders; 1 edition (21 Aug. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321636821
- ISBN-13: 978-0321636829
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 1.9 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 574,632 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Visual Poetry: A Creative Guide for Making Engaging Digital Photographs (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 21 Aug 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Chris Orwig is a vibrant and authentic individual who brings passion to everything that he does. I would unequivocally recommend this
book to everyone who wants to reach further with their photography or other creative endeavor they cherish.” —Douglas Kirkland
From the Back Cover
A great photograph has the potential to transcend verbal and written language. But how do you create these photographs? It’s not the how that’s important, but the who and the what. Who you are as a person has a direct impact on what you capture as a photographer.
Whether you are an amateur or professional, architect or acupuncturist, physician or photographer, this guide provides inspiration, simple techniques, and assignments to boost your creative process and improve your digital images using natural light without additional gear.
Chris Orwig’s insights—to reduce and simplify, participate rather than critique, and capture a story—have made him an immensely popular workshop speaker and faculty member at the prestigious Brooks Institute. His engaging stories presented as lessons follow his classroom approach and highlight what students say is his contagious passion for life.
In this accessible and beautifully illustrated four-color guide you will:
- Discover visual poetry in the creative process
- Use less to say more with your subject matter
- Learn to see light, color, shape, and expression
- Understand what gear is essential
- Create compelling portraits
- Make lasting memories of your family and kids
- Capture the outdoors and adventure
- Begin the transition from amateur to professional
Share your work with the author and other readers at www.flickr.com/groups/visual-poet and visit the Web site: www.visual-poet.com.
See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Chris Orwig, has an interesting style of writing which appeals to my thought processes. Check out the linked PDF for a sample from the book to see if it appeals to you.